Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my washer pump and while pulling and holding the plastic inner fender liner back from the fender lip, there was a white / brown piece of what appears to be fabric inside. It was soaking wet and is actually touching the sharp metal edge of the fender lip. Why is this in there and what purpose does it serve? Im thinking it is an emergency to rip this out to prevent it from holding moisture and accelerating fender rust. I also feel I should inpsect the rear ones as well as once that starts to rot out, you dispose of the car. Its 3500 minimum per side to have a shop weld in new quarter panels an patch panels are not avail, nor do they last longer than 2 yrs after install.

Up north our cars rot before they fail. You end up disposing of excellent cars as a result.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's been a while, but I don't remember any such thing when I changed the pump on my 2013.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found out my fusion has it also from looking thru salvage listings on ebay and other car websites. I wonder of this can be removed safely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts