Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, quick question: Where is the exterior climate control temperature sensor mounted on G3/G4s? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, another quick question!

How does one remove the headliner safetly in the car? I searched but came up with nothing about how one actually removes it...

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts

How does one remove the headliner safetly in the car? I searched but came up with nothing about how one actually removes it...
[/b]
Remove the interior trim pieces - seatbelt trim, rear corner trim, grab handles, visors, dome light, etc. Each of those hold it up and in place.

Just be extremely careful and have a friend help you support while you do this, as it will bend and crease very easily!

I have removed and re-installed one for my friend's Gen iii and wen I added the lighted visot harness and grab handles I partly removed the front 1/2 area.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Remove the interior trim pieces - seatbelt trim, rear corner trim, grab handles, visors, dome light, etc. Each of those hold it up and in place.

Just be extremely careful and have a friend help you support while you do this, as it will bend and crease very easily!

I have removed and re-installed one for my friend's Gen iii and wen I added the lighted visot harness and grab handles I partly removed the front 1/2 area.
[/b][/quote]

When you say you removed the front half, does that mean you bent it? :p

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

When you say you removed the front half, does that mean you bent it? :p
[/b][/quote]

No. I meant I "lowered" the front 1/2 by removing the visors, A trim pillars, grab handles, and seat belt trim pillars, but kept the dome light installed. This allowed the front 1/2 of the headliner to droop slightly so I could get my hands up under there to run the visor harness (I just did not tuck the harness up there when I did the lighted visors, I used the factory holes to push the harness securing tabs into).

It only dropped a little, but much more, and it would have creased. If I removed the dome light, it would have given me more room, but I was afraid I would crease the headliner and I did not feel like taking out the entire headliner when I added the visor harness. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I have removed my headliner. First removed the grab handles and trim (A, B, and C pillars). Remove the visors and mounts. Remove the two push pins in the back. Now the only think holding the headliner on is the glue.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=495409

I was able to gentle pull the headliner from the glue without creasing it. Once it was free, I turned the headliner on it's side and removed it through one of the doors. I had only the driver's seat installed, which made it easier.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have removed my headliner. First removed the grab handles and trim (A, B, and C pillars). Remove the visors and mounts. Remove the two push pins in the back. Now the only think holding the headliner on is the glue.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=495409

I was able to gentle pull the headliner from the glue without creasing it. Once it was free, I turned the headliner on it's side and removed it through one of the doors. I had only the driver's seat installed, which made it easier.
[/b]

Hmm, thanks, I think that just loosening the front up I can do what I wanna do without taking the whole thing off! I don't have grab handles so I guess that is one less step! :p

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided that I'm just gonna post every dumb question I have in this thread instead of starting a new one!

So my question now is:

Where do all the wiring harnesses for the tail lights run through the cabin of the car in a G3? Are they in the bundles under the scuff plates, or somewhere else? Which side of the car do they run down?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to add a relay to my aftermarket foglights so that they are only operational when the headlights are on so I need to find a tail light wire! An added plus is that the foglights will flash with my panic alarm!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Are your foglights in the rear?

Just pull the signal feed to the foglight relay from the low beam wire on the headlights in the engine bay. That way your fog lights will be on whenever your low beams are on, but will turn off with the high beams (as required by law).

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I've decided that I'm just gonna post every dumb question I have in this thread instead of starting a new one!

So my question now is:

Where do all the wiring harnesses for the tail lights run through the cabin of the car in a G3? Are they in the bundles under the scuff plates, or somewhere else? Which side of the car do they run down?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to add a relay to my aftermarket foglights so that they are only operational when the headlights are on so I need to find a tail light wire! An added plus is that the foglights will flash with my panic alarm!
[/b]

Use a parking light wire from the front.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are your foglights in the rear?

Just pull the signal feed to the foglight relay from the low beam wire on the headlights in the engine bay. That way your fog lights will be on whenever your low beams are on, but will turn off with the high beams (as required by law).
[/b]
That's not neccessarily required by law here (I'd have to look into it).

One thing that is required here are DRLs, therefore if I did it that way the fogs would always be on when the car is running... The reason I want a tail light wire is because that probably means it has to run through the cabin somewhere to get to the front of the car... Since the wires for my fog light switch are all up under the dashboard when it comes through the firewall, why not put the relay up there?

That is a good idea though about the high beams, maybe I'll have to think about another relay for just that purpose...

So no one knows where all those wires run through I guess...

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
[/b]
They are in the bundles under the scuff plates... however, I don't remember which side... I want to say they run down the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There is a wire bundle that runs under the carpet on the drivers side next to the sill plate. But this all comes from under the dash so that's the place to get access.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts