Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Brothers & Sisters

Just letting you know it seems Western Canada has received the tail end of the cold front hitting America.

It is -38c with the wind chill in Calgary. That's -36f for my US friends!!!!

No wonder my little 6lbs dog hasn't done his business in days haha!

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Hello Brothers & Sisters

Just letting you know it seems Western Canada has received the tail end of the cold front hitting America.

It is -38c with the wind chill in Calgary. That's -36f for my US friends!!!!

No wonder my little 6lbs dog hasn't done his business in days haha!

Cut the toe out of a sock and make that critter a coat.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cut the toe out of a sock and make that critter a coat.
-chart-

Oh he has a couple of coats already, he's a stubborn little buggar!

He has gone out and came in on 3 legs as it was cold out...funny he has not been calling for his usual dog walks

·
Super Moderator
7,746 Posts
We hit -24 F both Wednesday and Thursday mornings last week, and wind chills were in the -50 F to -60 F range. Serious issues getting the dog out to do his business. His feet would get cold within 1 or 2 minutes, and the snow in the yard was over a foot deep so the little guy (24 pounds) couldnt walk thru the snow either. I did snow blow a 4 foot wide swath of grass along side of the 100 foot long driveway for him to use, but by the time he would find the exact spot he wanted to use, he would start picking up his feet from the cold, and make a run for the house, or stare at me until I picked him up and carried him back in the house. FYI, he is a spoiled brat. He refuses to wear sweaters of boots of any kind to go out in the cold.

Mid 40 F range over the weekend, and he wanted to make up for all the walks he didnt get last week...... he would look at the back door and cry until we would take him out for a long walk. As I said, brat.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Rottweiler on the other hand will go out in all weather....albeit not for too long in this cold snap.

Oh yeah I have to carry my little one out too and sometimes carry him back. Aliens would think the dogs are the masters, we carry them, pick up their poop haha...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I feel spoiled. In my parts, the average high has been about 30°F with a crap-ton of snow...down to about 15° at night... I'm like crying waiting for Spring so I can take my Dachshund for walks so we can both lose a couple winter lbs 😕

I was actually in San Diego last week & people were walking around in parkas. It was like 45° with some wind & they're all scrambling like "Hurricane!" "Hurricane!"

Then again...it did snow around the southern Sierras. Like 30 people pulled over on I-8N to play in the snow, they'd never seen it before. Awesome 🙂

My heart goes out to you & the Mounties. Light a fire & stay warm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts