1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 ford taurus

april fools joke or no???

ford/chevy

Fursten said GM will be first to offer the 320-horsepower / 520 pounds-feet of torque PowerMax 4.5-liter diesel in its light-duty Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups by the summer of 2010, since most of the testing is done. It will be followed in the fourth quarter of 2010 by the Ford F-150 and recently spied Lincoln Mark LT, which will be sold in Mexico only.

“We need something attractive in (the Lincoln truck),” said Fursten. But she also added that Ford has tentative plans to put the engine in the all-new Taurus full-size sedan in 2012 to differentiate it from gas-only and gas-electric hybrid competitors, like the Toyota Camry.

“Ford will call the PowerMax (engine) ‘CompressionBoost’ for the Taurus,” said Fursten. “It’s like EcoBoost, but so much better.”

The PowerMax will be built at Ford’s diesel engine factory in Chihuahua, Mexico, where the 4.4-liter was slated to be manufactured.

An official statement and more details about the partnership, including news about free lifetime urea refills for first year PowerMax buyers, is expected late Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I won't spoil it for anyone :ph34r:

Check your calendar

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I call :bs:

·
Registered
223 Posts
If only...
A diesel taurus would be fricken sweet.

·
Registered
982 Posts
There's three things that scream April Fool's.

1. Ford and GM working together

2. April Fursten

3. Why the hell would Ford SELL (yes I know it says that the engine will be built in Mexico) the Lincoln Mark LT only in Mexico, only people in Mexico that can afford it would be those running the drug cartels.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have no clue what the hell you all are talking about..

I bought one last night and I love it!

:lol2:

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I liked last years Toyoldsmobile hoax better. :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
That would be a good idea. Powermax has a great ring to it.

But kill the 2010 Lincoln Mark LT with FIRE!!!! That thing is seriously fugly beyond compare. The grille makes me think Dirty Sanchez.

·
Registered
331 Posts
the engine is a 4.5L what....

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
ford could probably easily put their new diesels in cars. i wouldnt be supprised if a diesel taurus or flex showed up on showroom floors...

viable options include 3 engines from the same family. theres the 2.7l V-6 version, as well as a 3.6l V-8 and a 4.4l V-8... all of which were designed through a collaborative effort by Ford, Land Rover, Jaguar and Peugoet, and built by Ford.

the 4.4l is what will be in the new F-150/Expedition. the 3.6l is what Land Rover will offer in their Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models. why not offer the 2.7l or the 3.6l in the Taurus as well?

that said, being that Ford already has their small diesel engine line, and that Mexico seems like an improbable market for Lincoln sales, i say this GM/Ford diesel story is total BS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts