Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Put a new mirror glass in this morning (in the snow). Nice to have the mirror back.

Played in the snow today. The Altimax Arctics inspire a lot of confidence.
We got about an inch of snow today but from the radar, you got much more. Place ~15 miles north of got 11". So I did not clear the driveway, but brushed the snow off the Sable and went to the grocery on clear roads.
Sometimes with weather, you get lucky.

-chart-

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Put a new mirror glass in this morning (in the snow). Nice to have the mirror back.

Played in the snow today. The Altimax Arctics inspire a lot of confidence.
We got about an inch of snow today but from the radar, you got much more. Place ~15 miles north of got 11". So I did not clear the driveway, but brushed the snow off the Sable and went to the grocery on clear roads.
Sometimes with weather, you get lucky.

-chart-
We got about 5-6". Got a bit more 10 miles east. A lot more 30 miles east, like 1-2'. A very north/south oriented storm.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
We got about 5-6". Got a bit more 10 miles east. A lot more 30 miles east, like 1-2'. A very north/south oriented storm.
Corning got 2" while 8 miles to the west, Campbell got 17"
That to the west of us. To the East Waverly 0.5" Few miles North of us got 10". We got lucky.

Looks like there were bands N-S that were static dumping on a relatively narrow band.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Replaced the upper engine mount today. Four bolts to the cylinder head and one to the strut bar. But, not that simple. Remove strut bar, 3 bolts. Loosen turbo crossover pipe,one clamp and 2 T25 torx screws. Remove coil cover, 10 T25 torx bits. Now, remove the 4 bolts between the mount and cylinder head. Reverse procedure, dropping my 18mm deep socket into the abyss under the engine. A 5 minute delay to retrieve it.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The light is nice. I was stuck with a magnetic pick up and a flashlight.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Got the oil changed this morning. Valvoline synthetic 5W30 and a Mahle filter. My first real look underneath. Everything is very clean. A small oil leak under the turbo (intake side). Don't see any obvious source. Just a thin film of cooked oil. The right axle seal has a small leak at the transmission. Definitely not a Duratec! Also, noticed some tire rub damage on front portion of the left fender liner. It has rubbed all the way through the plastic. That's about it.

As I was getting ready to leave, an older lady walked in and said she was here to pick up the nice Volvo outside. My tech said she'd have to pry it out of my hands! She went on to say how she missed her old Volvo. She couldn't believe it was 10 years old.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the winter "boots" off today and the summer "shoes" on. The cars looks so much better with the 17" wheels. A quick hand wash in the balmy weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,815 Posts
82F today in KC. 78 yesterday and close to 80 tomorrow. 40's Sat. with rain and 30's Sun. with snow possible, lol! Should've done my spring maintenance (fluids, filters, tire rotations, etc.) today, but granddaughter having a sleepover, lol.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Put V70 to use over the weekend. Lost the passenger side mirror glass about an hour down the road. WTH?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Put new rear shocks on today. KYB Gas-a-Just. Had them on the Sable too. Took way too long for a 4 bolt job. There's always one that puts up a fight.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
A decent day pickin' at the JY. Got two 3 speaker (premium audio) door panels off a 04 S60. Got a Homelink visor set out of an 05 XC90. Same shape as the visors in the V70/S60, but different cloth material. The color might be a smidge different. But, you'd really have to look hard to see it. Also grabbed a black 3 spoke steering wheel, cluster hood, and column trim from an 06 S60. This will replace my tan, 4-spoke "mom & pop" steering wheel.

Thought I found a set of anodized roof rails. But, more scratched up than I wanted.

Found the premium speakers in an 05 S60, but left my drill at home. So, can't drill out the rivets. The driver's door was side swiped. So, it won't open without more "encouragement".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Some accoutrements for the V70.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Determination. Need to remove the pictured speaker from the driver's door. Only one problem. The car was hit on that side at the B-pillar. Crowbarred it to no avail. Removed fender. No luck there. Only choice left was a direct frontal assault through the door panel. Oh, and it's held in with 5 rivets that have to be drilled out!

Now, my 12 speaker Dynaudio set is complete (with 12" subwoofer) . Speakers, 300W amp, wiring harnesses, and door panels. Still need a 2007 head unit that will drive the center speaker. They get picked pretty quickly and I'm too cheap to pay $200-300 for one off eBay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Installed the subwoofer today. 12" with 150W amp. Not too bad for JY find. More difficult to find the wiring harness and jack relocation kit. Neither of these are in production anymore. About an hour job, plus some cleaning in the cargo area. It needs a new fan, as it is a little noisy. Have a replacement on the way. It sounds good. Not too boomy. Nice, but not overpowering.

Also installed a12V outlet. Just cut a hole. The connector was already there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Pulled the seats and vacuumed and cleaned the carpet. Then a wash, clay bar, polish, and wax. Clay bar wasn't too dirty. So, possibly been detailed at some point in the not too distant past. Polished the crap out of the headlights. Really need to pull them, but don't have time to yank the bumper cover right now. Still need to do the the lower 6" and the wheels. All nice and clean for the run down to Carlisle in the rain Friday.

Also, installed my S60 steering wheel and cluster hood, and my S80 Executive instrument cluster. But, messed up my steering angle sensor somehow. Don't know if wasn't centered correctly when I installed the new steering wheel, or if it's just out of calibration. If I go to the dealer, they'll pitch a hissy fit over the "non-standard" parts.

Flushed the transmission. Drained 3.5 qts and refilled. Disconnected the cooler return hose and pumped into a container. Pump out 2 qts, add 2 qts until cherry red again. 16 qts total for the job. 147k on the original fluid.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 87 Posts