Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

So, after noticing several cracks in my muffler (okay, that's a lie, I noticed it ages ago - but was too... lazy at the time ;) ), I thought it'd be time to replace it. At the same time, I figured I'd throw in a high-flow one, possible rip out the res, and maybe replace thew pipes if needed... However, after some reading on the boards, it seems a rasy sound can come out. I have a Gen2 3.0L sable and was hoping for some suggestions on how to increase flow to it's potential (without going crazy money wise) without it sounding... Like the Honda next door ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
dynomax turbo exhuast system (dual) about 270 from summit idk if thats "crazy money" to u, just did it to my 93 3.8 and i love it sounds good and gives that extra boost ull notice the difference.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Flowmaster 40 series seem to be the brand of choice with a lot of the 3.0 vulcan ppls for a all around nice sound. It seems to be pretty hard to make the vulcans sound raspy from what i have heard, so if you have any ideas you have thought would be nice, post em up, and surely some members would have knowledge and experience to point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you. B)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I ended up replacing everything from after the Cat Y-pipe back and increasing the size to 2.25" from the stock 2.00 (and 1.75 at the rear y-pipe), added a magnaflow resonator, and 2 flowmaster 40's. I love it, gained a some power and it sounds great. Well the first week or so it had a bit of raspyness but i'm told that is common as you break in the new system. This wasn't a cheap solution though, ended up costing in the 400's. Next is to replace the stock Cat's.

I would recommend not removing the resonator though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts