Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you think about a 350Z/G35 Coupe exhaust? I'm seriously considering since the tone is beautiful and not loud.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm thinking it won't fit because of the header diff and the path it takes under the car. Also, the tone is gorgeous but would probably sound brash because of the tuning diff on the other exhaust pieces.

But you could try and custom make your own exhaust tubing.

Trial and error.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Yeah its not just the exhaust pipes that make the sound. It's also the engine itself, the headers, even the intake (more air flow = more exhuast = different sound).

Go custom if you want another exhaust. Talk to a muffler shop and they'll hook ya up.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I've seen. The intake port is on the same side. I dunno. I'm thinking if I can get it for 70 bones, it'll be worth it. And I'm getting custom piping no matter what.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah you wont even come close to getting it too work. i work at a nissan dealership. the muffler is like right where your spare tire is. just go custom

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I haven't looked at the 305Z exhaust, but the chances of it fiting over the rear suspenson, around the gas tank, and having it match up with the cats is very, VERY slim. Just go to a good muffler shop with a mandrel bender, and have them fab one up for you. It will be about $300 (guessing), but will be alot less hassle.

EDIT: and welcome to the TCCA man!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Most muffler shops cannot mandrel bend. They will use pre-bent mandrel piping and only custom bend slightly in certain situations where they can't use the pre-bend stuff. Its all good though, long as there are no huge issues where the pipe bends are.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dont know to me is sounds like to much of a hassle to do the swap and i sure dont feel like dropping 300 to have them make me an exhaust when i can make my own. im currently am making a custom dual exhaust system for my 93 tuarus and itll cost me less about 100 to do it from the cats back. im currently doing it from the rear suspension arm im making my own y pipe by using to 45 degree pieces and welding them together and from there im going to run it around the wheel well and out the back. im not using any mufflers just some chrome 3 inch tips. later on im going to replace the resonater with a glass pack muffler.

If any one knows where i can get a y pipe that will fit the taurus exhaust wiht the correct bends in it plz let me know. ill get some pics as soon as i get done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts