Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering about the replacement of the entire exhaust system.

Any advise on if it is feasible to pick up a full system (header to tailpipe) from a wrecker. If so is there anything I would need to be weary of? I don't want to get into a huge expense, and don't want to put a cheap galv-alum replacement part(s) on.

2002 Taurus SE 3.0L 263,000 kms

2 years ago my muffle burned a hole through rather than replace I used some galvanized tin and high-temp silicone to repair it used sheet metal screws and caulked the patch very well. I'm now hearing a leak this time I'm smelling carbon dioxide in the cabin, I didn't when the muffle leaked. SO am thinking the problem is a leak further up the exhaust system. It's winter so haven't crawled under the car to look besides it would be difficult to see with all the winter road **** splattered underneath.

your thoughts/advice would be appreciated

Lar

·
Registered
671 Posts
In Canada, I believe it's illegal for boneyards to sell you (used) cats. I recall them telling me this, but they might just want to keep them for the $$$. Either way, this sucks for you because an '02 has cats on the y-pipe and a third further on. Any exhaust you get will be mangled as a result of the cats being cut off, and might be difficult to get aftermarket ones welded in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.