Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new here and I was just curious about an exhaust system for my 02 Taurus.

My dad thinks I should invest in a flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust system. So I googled and I came up empty for finding one for my taurus. I looked on youtube at some of the taurus's with these certain exhaust systems and I was wondering where they find those?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
There is no exhaust system for the 02 Taurus, it would need to be custom done.

The catback we make for the 89-95 SHO:

We can do others...

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
He's right there aren't that many choices for both on systems. I would like to see more. I had mine custom built, you might have to do the same.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
There is no exhaust system for the 02 Taurus, it would need to be custom done.

The catback we make for the 89-95 SHO:

We can do others...
WOW! That is a beautiful work of art!! How about a G3 Tec?

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
^^^^ +2!

I wouldnt even want to drive that car in the rain and risk getting the exhaust system dirty!

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Myself, I don't like the sound of Flowmasters on small engines. I like them ok on V8s, but the chamber is the same size regardless of your pipe size, I find the muffler sounds too hollow when the engine isn't large enough for the muffler. Maybe its just me, but thats my opinion.

Magnaflow is an ok muffler, depending on which one you use. Myself, I don't use them anymore, I've had some bad experiences with every one of my own vehicles that had one, mostly with them getting louder after a couple years because the packing failed. Also put one on my mom's Aerostar and it drones horribly. I prefer WickedFlow, it has a smoother sound, a deeper tone, it costs less, it doesn't drone, at least not on any of my rides (including Aerostars), and so far no signs of packing breakdown. The sound level over the years has been basically unchanged.

I'm currently running a pair on my '96 LX Wagon. Since I had to get the system custom built anyway, I just purchased the mufflers I wanted and had the shop fabricate the rest.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
WOW! That is a beautiful work of art!! How about a G3 Tec?
^+1 on the beautiful work of art!
^^^^ +2!

I wouldnt even want to drive that car in the rain and risk getting the exhaust system dirty!
Thank you, our fabricator does really good work. I do like the sound of the system. He does a lot of custom work. Soon it will be bolted to a turbo...

We could do a Gen3 if we can get 20-25 interested people.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Myself, I don't like the sound of Flowmasters on small engines. I like them ok on V8s, but the chamber is the same size regardless of your pipe size, I find the muffler sounds too hollow when the engine isn't large enough for the muffler. Maybe its just me, but thats my opinion.

Magnaflow is an ok muffler, depending on which one you use. Myself, I don't use them anymore, I've had some bad experiences with every one of my own vehicles that had one, mostly with them getting louder after a couple years because the packing failed. Also put one on my mom's Aerostar and it drones horribly. I prefer WickedFlow, it has a smoother sound, a deeper tone, it costs less, it doesn't drone, at least not on any of my rides (including Aerostars), and so far no signs of packing breakdown. The sound level over the years has been basically unchanged.

I'm currently running a pair on my '96 LX Wagon. Since I had to get the system custom built anyway, I just purchased the mufflers I wanted and had the shop fabricate the rest.
Not including the cost of the mufflers, but how much was the cost of fabrication?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
First of all, is your car a Duratec or a Vulcan?

My 1998 Duratec Sable had stock duals, which were replaced with Flowmaster 40s. The sound was a bit droning, but not bad, and I was easily able to drive for hours without getting annoyed at the sound. When I was at Gingerman, people were repeatedly asking me if my Sable had a V8 SHO motor in it, and were very impressed with the sound.

As for my 2003 Sable, I grabbed a rear y-pipe from a Gen III SHO that already had Flowmaster 40s on it, with SHO tips. The car sounded better than my Gen III.

If you've got a Vulcan, then just throw a Magnaflow muffler on it. You're not going to get any performance increases out of it, just a sound difference. I know you probably have big plans, and you're going to spend all kinds of money on making the car faster, but I've been there, and it's just easier to buy a faster car. It's also much cheaper.

JR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts