Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ima run the 3rd cat delete an was wondering if it throws a code? ive gotten mixed reviews some sayin yes it does an some sayin no it dont. if this will throw the code how do you guys get around that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thats the sound i am wanting an i think that guy has an account. how does he get that sound?

·
Registered
671 Posts
ima run the 3rd cat delete an was wondering if it throws a code? ive gotten mixed reviews some sayin yes it does an some sayin no it dont. if this will throw the code how do you guys get around that.
There're 4 O2 sensors, and neither of them read what the 3rd cat does. You can cut it off, but you won't pass emissions testing if you live in an e-test state.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in illinois we dont have those darn emission tests :) this is my plan. 3rd cat delete with a y pipe bend behind the trunk an split with 2 quiet flows.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Where the f*** is the third cat? I've read references to this a bunch of times, but my Bull only has 2 cats and a flex pipe/resonator assembly. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so the Duratec wont sound like that. what would be a good setup for me? "ive already been pulled over for loud exhaust haha" i want a little rumble to it but i dont wanna be ricer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The three cats I believe were on the tecs only from the gen 3 and gen 4 running through 2004.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Gen4.5(2004-2007) Vulcans had/have 3 cats. The third is just down stream from the Y-pipe collector after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Isnt that called a resonater not a cat.
Verified with the Walker exhaust diagrams, all G4 and G4.5 Vulcans have the third cat. On the G4/G4.5 the pipe that bolts to the y-pipe assembly is the 3rd cat, just past the third cat, there is the resonator assembly which is clamped onto the third cat's pipe.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Too fart-canny sounding, IMHO...
Found a real fart can for comparisons sake.

Yeah...

Man I wish I coulda gotten a video of this civic who thinks hes the **** with his fart can exhaust..:lol2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts