Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to remove my Sandisk Cruzer from the USB port on my 14 SHO, and found that I couldn't get it out. The Cruzer is a tiny USB drive, I bought it mainly for the USB port on my Cobalt SS Turbo because the port was right on the dashboard and a normal sized USB drive would snag one everything. I tried for 15 minutes but couldn't remove it from the SHO, and ended up using a pair of pliers with tape wrapped around the jaws - only to separate the Cruzer from the metal chassis. The drive seems to be fine, and the metal chassis clipped right back on. But damn... the USB ports on my SHO are really really tight. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? It seems to flex a lot from the plastic panel in the center console, but even a normal-sized USB drive feels very tight in the port. I'd use my Samsung Galaxy S3 bluetooth audio streaming, except each time I start the car, it defaults to AM Radio. I still have 4 months left on my Sirius/XM but I don't like any of the stations. There's no App Link with My Ford Touch, so I can't even run Pandora from the car's menu system.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'd talk to the dealer about that. Surely it can't be a problem with all of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of USB drives are you using? A normal sized one (with enough area to grab) is OK to use on mine, but it still feels tighter than a typical USB port (even on car audio systems). With the Sandisk Cruzer Fit (the size of a US dime), I had to use the pliers from my Gerber multi-tool to remove the flash drive!

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
The Cruzer is harder to remove from most USB ports.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A regular flash drive (Patriot XT for example) was still very tight in the port, along with my USB extension cable. When removing/insert these larger USB devices, I could see the entire media panel flex. I never saw this on my aftermarket head units or the OEM USB port on the Cobalt SS Turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I haven't had any problem with mine. I use it for the cable for my iPod and it is easy to insert and remove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
mjhpadi
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing