Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL i am a nerd i know but does anyone on here play an online game called everquest? its a fantasy roleplaying game. just wondering

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I do! I've played since late 1999. I quit in 2001, and just started again September 2003.

I mainly play on Brell Serlis with a 53 halfling druid, 20 dwarf berserker, and and 47 half elf paladin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've played on and off since 99 as well. The problem I have is that I can never seem to get a group, I am like, the anti-group. I dont get it. I SOLOED a Mage to 32 before I got too annoyed, taking a week and a half to get a level. That and the fact that Dark Age of Camelot doesnt take the level away from you if you die right after you get it. Quit that too, again cuz I cant get a group, and working as much as I did meant that the tradeoff on playtime was sleep time. Not a good trade. Now that I have regular hours, I wouldnt mind getting back into it, esp. if I can get a regular group.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I used to play, then stopped for a while, played again for a bit, but have stopped again. I have a 52 High Elf Paladin, a 38ish Dwarf Warrior and Halfling Rogue, and a mid 20's Enchanter all on Drinal. Also have a mid 20's Barbarian Beastlord on another server... forget which now. That is if they haven't deleted my characters already. I found between school and work I've run out of time. I think last time I checked I had like a month and a half of total play time in on my Paladin. I was in what used to be The Elderblood guild, then we merged our higher level characters with some other guild... forget the name at the moment. Main's name was Celestia Starlite, IIRC (Yeah, a which). Was hoping to eventually get the Nature's Defender since I was a Tunare follower.

I'm interesting to see the new EQ2 when it hits the market. Looks like the graphics are promising, but they're going to have to get it on the market soon, or that graphics engine is going to be out of date.

-Dan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awsome guysthought i was alone. i play on the thullexe paels server. 65 dark elf war. 65 dark elf necro. 63 human/iksar monk. lol i am obsessed) lol but cool cool.
i hate bards) seems like they are all ********( no offence if yall play 1 but man they piss me off bad. but thanks guys) be cool)

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I think bards tend to be loners like Rogues, but don't realize it, so they lack good social skills. Also, it's a true gem when you find a bard that really knows how to twist songs. Lots will do a half arse job and you only get like two songs on you at once. I think I've done as many as 4 with my one 18ish bard. I didn't really like playing the bard though. I think probably my Enchanter was the most fun to play when you aren't looking to just hack and slash the hell outta people.

I have a Deep Water Helm on my Paladin though. I've successfully camped in Dredlands with a Monk healing him solely with the helm without using any of my own mana or fighting at all. That way when we end up in a tight situation, like getting multipul adds, I can step in and deal my own damage.

I think the Beastlord was realy fun to play when there weren't so many around. People were amused by the little doggie friend. Also you can Play them as a Melee or as a caster. Even when you're sitting on your arse, your pet is dealing damage, and a decent amout of it too.

All this Everquest talk is going to make me want to sign up again

-Dan

·
Registered
111 Posts
I played Ultima Online for almost 3 years straight.

It's so addicting, I only quit because I went to college and I figured it was about time. It's a fantastic game though, graphically not equal to everquest but it's so rich in development and has so many addicting qualities to be able to interact with people that it was a real fun time.

For anyone who plays UO, I started during the battle of trinsic way before trammel came out, and ended my uo career after the savages scenario finished.

I was a companion for a long time and permoted to senior companion and lead companion of the baja shard.

All my non-counselor style characters were on the Atlantic shard.

SOOOO many good gaming memories. When I get back to college I have tons of memorable screenshots I've taken over the years from pre trammel to the last days of my playing.

The best time in the game was definatly my time as a senior companion. Helping out new players, learning the behind the scene mechanics, hanging and working with gms and many seer friends. It was a sad sad day when the cancelled the volunteer programs. That's when I assume I became bitter in the game and used all my knowledge of the game to create murderers and pvpers. Klimek was the name killin was the game.. and lots of killing went on.

Lots of good memories.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Any Battlefield 1942/(soon to be)Vietnam players here?. Ill check the games out in here this weekend.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey hey hey lol 1942 is awsome. i am almost always on that game. lol we need to play) lol cant wait till vietnom. lol love u guys. peace

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Well, I got my Dwarf Berserker to 24 tonight and this afternoon I managed to get my druid to 54.

As for being a loner magician, I think I might have an idea why... (Or at least the most common reason on Brell). Most magicians are poor players. They're typically 13 year olds that have no clue how to play the game. I'm not saying all mages are that way, but a good handful are and they're spoiling the basket. Also, I've noticed that many mages aren't in big demand. It's a rarity I'm grouped with a mage. I think groups prefer a necromancer or enchanter over a magician.

Jaske Nimblefoot
54th Halfling Druid of Brell
Protector of Karana
Officer of Renegade Phoenix

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@Mar 8 2004, 09:37 PM
Any Battlefield 1942/(soon to be)Vietnam players here?. Ill check the games out in here this weekend.
Never played Battlefield 1942 but am a Vietnam nut so I'll probably buy the game when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
i also played for a while....then stopped....then played a bit more.....then stopped again......then played even more.....then had a headache and stopped.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Originally posted by UnDeR EsTiMaTeD@Mar 8 2004, 11:38 PM
Well, I got my Dwarf Berserker to 24 tonight and this afternoon I managed to get my druid to 54.

As for being a loner magician, I think I might have an idea why... (Or at least the most common reason on Brell). Most magicians are poor players. They're typically 13 year olds that have no clue how to play the game. I'm not saying all mages are that way, but a good handful are and they're spoiling the basket. Also, I've noticed that many mages aren't in big demand. It's a rarity I'm grouped with a mage. I think groups prefer a necromancer or enchanter over a magician.

Jaske Nimblefoot
54th Halfling Druid of Brell
Protector of Karana
Officer of Renegade Phoenix
Amen! Enchanters have always been my best friend. My server never realy had many good Necro's. I think mainly because Necros on my server generally rp thier character to the point where they are unfriendly and unhelpful. Most enchanters I've been have been pretty curtious and generous with thier mana.

I like this topic... Who has funny EQ stories?

I once was borned with my Paladin, so I went to the Orc hill in the Wood Elf forest. There I helped newbies by casting spells and picking off hords of orcs that try to kill running newbies. At one point I saw down and went away to go do something and left my character online. When I came back, some newbie who was playing the hill was like "She lives! We thought you were some mighty god perched atop the orc hill."

I was standing when I got to my Character, so I can only guess that I was attacked while I was sitting and destroyed my attacker via melee defense skills only. hehe.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
My best story so far just happened yesterday. I was in Butcherblock Mountains with my berserker because I needed to run through Greater Faydark to get to Lesser Faydark. Well, for some reason (first time I've seen this) the Greater Faydark zone was down. You couldn't zone. If you tried, it just spawned you back a few hundred yards. Well, all the newbies were attacking the mountain trash (goblins, spiders, scarabs, greenbloods, etc.) and as they started to die, they'd run to the GF zone to get free. Well, it didn't work so you saw multiple trains being pulled to a broken zone. I'd say there were at least 100 creatures all in that area and just about every character under level 13 or so died. I should've taken a screenshot. After the huge mess there were about 40 corpses all by the GF zone. Hehe.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Would love to see the carnage. I like playing "Let the bodies hit the floor" durring raids. Great attack music when things get hectic

Hehe. I'll have to reactivate my account and we'll all have our characters moved to the same server.. Form the guild "Charging Bulls of Wrath" or something like that

-Dan

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
At this point, it would be kinda silly to go out and buy 1942 unless theres a really good deal, cause Vietnam is coming and thats gona be a whole lot better. I have to say though...42 is a GREAT Game. They are 2 expansion packs, Secret Weapons of WW2 and Road to Rome. Both are supurb expansions with more maps/weapons. There are also downloadable Mods from websites that are also worth the look. Battlefield Vietnam is going to be out for the USA on March 16 for $40.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BF1942 is an excellent game!

I Highly Reccommend downloading the totally free Desert Combat Mod

see: Desert Combat Homepage

It's an excellent mod for making it us vs middle east combat scenarios. Involves most modern technologies and best of all it's free and has tons of players.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Definetly addicted to ULTIMA ONLINE...wooo.... I play on a shard off of UOGATEWAY called Adjournment To Antiquity

I love that game

1 - 20 of 20 Posts