Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well these are the ones i just picked up. I don't know if it was a pricing error or not but they were priced at $5.80 each so i grabbed both pairs that were in stock.

= LINKY

I also grabbed 2 Rain-X Latitude 8 in 1 wipers to quality for the free super saver shipping.

All Told....

2 Pairs of Ceramic Pads by Satisfied Brakes
2 Rain-X Latitute Wiper blades...

Total - $35

The pads were like $7 shipping for one and $9 for 2 sets so i went with the free over $25 Shipping.

Can't wait to grab some new rotors and pop them on there.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I just switched my new Bosch Excell wipers for Rain-X Lattitudes. The Bosches were streaking almost right out of the box. Those Latitudes are excellent. Plus I think they look nicer too, and a sharp looking car is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Youch , you were lucky! They were probably $58 each, not $5.80. It reminds me of buying a box of 8 spark plugs for a Dodge van and the checkout price registered in at the price of one, about $3 Yeah! Happy Day!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2 Bosch Icon wiper blades on there right now, they were buy 1 get one half off at autozone in the spring and they are already streaking badly.

They worked right out of the box for about the first month flawlessly, but now they are ticking me off! Bosch as a company is losing most of my business.

Good to know i will have an extra set of pads that i can use at another time or sell if i get rid of the car.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right after i just bought the last 2 sets they jacked the price up to $34 a set, so i guess it was an error.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i picked up both sets of my pads today at the post office, they are not something you want shipped via UPS, because the pads got tossed around a bit even inside the nice boxes.

1 of packets of synthetic brake grease got squished and got on some things, and 1 of the pads in the other set got chipped a little on top from being thrown around i guess. Either way i think the chip will work itself out as its in the first part of the pad that will wear off over time.

They appear to be very high quality, i still can't believe the pricing error and that they are still only $34, they seem much more expensive just looking at the construction and the box. It even came with installation instructions.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The treatment in shipping is not a problem with shipping, the item was probably not packaged properly. The items need to be boxed inside another box and have the proper padding around it. Then it doesn't matter whether it is shipped UPS or USPS. I have found from experience that UPS treats their packages better, and at least they are accountable when something goes wrong. It getting hard to count how many packages the US Postal Service has lost of mine in the last year. They are difficult to file a claim with, slow to respond when they do, and problems occur much too frequently.

When I order something online, and I have a choice between USPS and USP or FedEx, I choose UPS and FedEx because I know I'll get my package, and that if I have a problem it will be taken care of.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They were shipped separately and 1 was packaged correctly while the other one was thrown into a bigger box with no padding.

Either way in my experience i have never lost a packaged through the Post Office, although i have had plenty beaten up by UPS like when i order computer parts.

I did have someone mail me a couple of sticks of RAM in a regular paper envelope that arrived in very poor shape, but that was his fault for not using a box.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
shipping problems

The treatment in shipping is not a problem with shipping, the item was probably not packaged properly. The items need to be boxed inside another box and have the proper padding around it. Then it doesn't matter whether it is shipped UPS or USPS. I have found from experience that UPS treats their packages better, and at least they are accountable when something goes wrong. It getting hard to count how many packages the US Postal Service has lost of mine in the last year. They are difficult to file a claim with, slow to respond when they do, and problems occur much too frequently.

When I order something online, and I have a choice between USPS and USP or FedEx, I choose UPS and FedEx because I know I'll get my package, and that if I have a problem it will be taken care of.
that is strange I have always gotten better service from the post office, damn ups and fed ex always come in the middle of the day when you aare at work and then to pick up your package you have to drive 50 miles to their warehouse which is only open weekdays!!!! but with the post office i just go down the street on saturday morning and pick up my package, nothing has ever been lost in the last couple of years.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
shipping issues

that is strange I have always gotten better service from the post office, damn ups and fed ex always come in the middle of the day when you aare at work and then to pick up your package you have to drive 50 miles to their warehouse which is only open weekdays!!!! but with the post office i just go down the street on saturday morning and pick up my package, nothing has ever been lost in the last couple of years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts