Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we ever going to have bbq's, meets, drives. Whatever it is....?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, someone just needs to make a post to offer to host.
[/b]
Hmmmm.. ill see what i can do on my end.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Same here. I know of a few good spots in Tacoma to go to, as well as Lacey.

-Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
steven ur pic there looks like ur cars are toys! lol. seriously something about the pic makes them look like die cast models don't know why. sorry off topic post lol. i think it would be cool to meet but mmm fairly imposible for me. i live on Van Island and it is hard to get off the rock with a vehicle. for me anyway.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything new?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not recently. Well, in Taurusland.. I've been very, very busy with work and prepping things here for the arrival of the Gillig bus I'm buying (See the My Other Ride Part 2 thread in "Other Rides" for more info.).

If we want to plan any meets, I think it'd be a good idea to plan something in the near future, at least for Washington/BC/Oregon residents, and by that I mean waiting until the weather clears up. We've been stormy as hell the last couple days.

I have been thinking of a couple good places for meets, especially XXX Root Beer in Issaquah just off of I90. A hell of a good place to go, and they have badass food and auto memorabilia.

Or, retrospectively, the Hooters in South Tacoma (would be a better bet for me since it's closer than the one in Seattle, lol), or the Krispy Kreme there near the Tacoma Mall.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not recently. Well, in Taurusland.. I've been very, very busy with work and prepping things here for the arrival of the Gillig bus I'm buying (See the My Other Ride Part 2 thread in "Other Rides" for more info.).

If we want to plan any meets, I think it'd be a good idea to plan something in the near future, at least for Washington/BC/Oregon residents, and by that I mean waiting until the weather clears up. We've been stormy as hell the last couple days.

I have been thinking of a couple good places for meets, especially XXX Root Beer in Issaquah just off of I90. A hell of a good place to go, and they have badass food and auto memorabilia.

Or, retrospectively, the Hooters in South Tacoma (would be a better bet for me since it's closer than the one in Seattle, lol), or the Krispy Kreme there near the Tacoma Mall.
[/b]
Hey im all for meeting up. I have plans to be on the west side for thanksgiving and i will have most of friday and prolly all of saturday that i can try and meet people. If anybody would like to get together for lunch and talk shop, that would be awesome. im from the west side so i know my way around.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I wish I didn't have to work those two days... :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
With the weather the way it has been lately, I am looking to the late spring for a meet. Spokane has a drag racing facility (Spokane Motorsports Park). Perhaps we could co-ordinate a meet with an event at the strip. Meet Friday evening into Saturday, then either watch or participate in the races on the Sunday. What think you?

·
Registered
205 Posts
With the weather the way it has been lately, I am looking to the late spring for a meet. Spokane has a drag racing facility (Spokane Motorsports Park). Perhaps we could co-ordinate a meet with an event at the strip. Meet Friday evening into Saturday, then either watch or participate in the races on the Sunday. What think you?
[/b]
that would be fun, although could we please wait till i get my new transmission? If i dont have the new one first ill never be able to keep up :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
that would be fun, although could we please wait till i get my new transmission? If i dont have the new one first ill never be able to keep up :p
[/b][/quote]

When a schedule comes out for the 2009 racing season at the track, I could post it here if the chapter would like. That way we could all be in on choosing the best dates, (assuming the idea of a meet here actually flies).
Get that new tranny in!

·
Registered
353 Posts
If the weather improves here (and I can finally get both cars back up and running. Been busy working on getting the SHO back as well as doing maintenance on my white '96), I'm thinking either a meet at the Tacoma Hooters or a meet @ the Issaquah XXX Rootbeer restaurant.

Would need to coordinate a day to where everyone can attend, preferrably sometime in June.

The meet I'd hoped to have in February didn't pan out too well due to weather and time constrants.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah. Tacoma would work a lot better than Issaquah, but the drawback is that the Hooters parking lot is very small and parking is extremely difficult at times to secure.

There's also a Famous Dave's BBQ restaurant in South Tacoma a couple miles from Hooters which is also very good.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (StevenRosenow @ Apr 19 2009, 01:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718736
Yeah. Tacoma would work a lot better than Issaquah, but the drawback is that the Hooters parking lot is very small and parking is extremely difficult at times to secure.

There's also a Famous Dave's BBQ restaurant in South Tacoma a couple miles from Hooters which is also very good.[/b]
I think the BBQ would be better cause I want to bring a friend/co worker that isn't 21 yet but I want to introduce him to the Taurus culture.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You don't have to be 21 to get into a Hooters restaurant.

I've seen entire families in there. Kids, toddlers, etc.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (StevenRosenow @ Apr 21 2009, 02:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719249
You don't have to be 21 to get into a Hooters restaurant.

I've seen entire families in there. Kids, toddlers, etc.[/b]
i know but he didn't want to keep us from the bar. but what ever.....

lets do this ****!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts