Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an `04 Taurus and I'm having a problem with the AC condensate drain making it's way back into the passenger compartment and soaking the floor insulation. I've tried to clear the drain tube but it doesn't seem to be clogged. Any suggestions?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
It may be clogged way up in the evap housing. What are you trying to clear it with, and how far into the tube are you pushing it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it's not clogged as water does come out of the drain. The problem is that the water runs back along the bottom of the drain opening and back into the passenger compartment. Is there supposed to be an elbow that directs the water down as that would take care of the problem?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've got a wet floor problem going on now too... How do you get to the drain?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drain outlet is located just below where the AC lines pass through the firewall. It's about 1/2" high and about 1-1/4" long and it sticks out about 1/2" or so.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Check under common problems/solutions. Common for outside water to leak into the vehicle through that extremely poorly designed drain with a spongey foam gasket. There's a thread entitled "I have the curse". Good info in there :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Check under common problems/solutions. Common for outside water to leak into the vehicle through that extremely poorly designed drain with a spongey foam gasket. There's a thread entitled "I have the curse". Good info in there :)
I happened to find that after searching a while... looks like pretty good info. Now I have to see if I can find the "dum dum" anywhere around here...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Mine was leaking from the drain line itself, where it connects to the evaporator housing, a couple of years ago. The dealer fixed it under warranty, they had to re-seal it with epoxy. That's another common issue besides water leaking from outside the car, of which Ford never corrected from the gen 3 design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts