Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My entry keypad on the driver door works, but it doesnt light up anymore. Any suggestions? How do I even get to it to check the bulbs? (Take off the rood panel on the inside Id imagine.)

Any Suggestions?

Zach

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Might be able to help if I knew what kind of car and the year it is.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
its not serviceable, all you can do is get the wiring diagram and check if the power lead is still providing power. Otherwise youll neet to replace the whole keypad

Brad

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the who thing apart and found that its all one rubber piece inside- no chance on changing the led color either- its one of those damn flat light paper things, for lack of a better term.

And I noticed that the lights DO work- but they ony flash for a split second when you push a key. It only does the little flash the first time you push a key, then its as if its dead and theres not enough power to flash again...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Sounds like a relay or logic is not being latched in.

Too bad I don't know what year car and motor you have. For if I did I would look up the specific wire diagram and maybe be able to help solve your problem........

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
That's great that it is in his profile. But it would be nice to include it in his question. In fact it would be nice if he answered the questions address to speedy instead of other people doing it for him......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts