Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click Me

2001 Ford Taurus,brand new starter,alternator,plugs,wires,water pump trannie screen,breaks and rotors. Tires have been on car a little over a yr and are in excellent shape. This car is not for a beginner driver or someone that actually does obey the speed limit.Original motor was a 3.8 replaced with 3.0 and has more tail then i need now have gotten 3 speeding tickets and NC is not getting any more of my money.Only truely interested ppl need apply or u can call me at 252-301-0544

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Darn, I must of missed that 3.8 option on my 01 Bull!!!! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I think he meant that the 3.8 was the original motor in the upgraded Taurus's, as in the older ones. In 96 they replaced the 3.8 with the 3.0 DOHC motor. Could have been a lot more specific though.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I think the seller just smoked a little too much of the leafy green stuff before he typed that.......what a quack lol

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
craigslist is a waste of time for anything.
It has it's uses. Needed a matching wheel for my Daughter's 00. Every junkyard I called within 50 miles quoted $100 every time... for an 11 yr old rim.

New price range from 90-170. Got one off Craiglist for 20 bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
acr I've looked at cars on craigslist and to get any info is like pulling teeth.
how many miles? what year? do you have the title? yup common sense stuff, and they act like morons.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Or they'll ask you questions about the item which are clearly included in the ad! :angry:

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
acr I've looked at cars on craigslist and to get any info is like pulling teeth.
how many miles? what year? do you have the title? yup common sense stuff, and they act like morons.
Been there, done that. Around here, everyone says there's no holes in the floor until you get underneath of it. Same with all private listings though. I've had my time wasted before.

Me: "Why would I buy your car if the floor is full of holes, why did you tell me it didn't over the phone?"
Seller: "I dunno."

That's pretty typical.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well.. at least it has a new "trannie screen" and "breaks". That's worth it to me!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Craigslist is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. If you have a tool and don't know how to use it you can't fix anything. I have sucessfully purchased cars on craigslist for years. I even bought a campervan in Amsterdam off craigslist and then sold it to two teachers from California. Sight unseen.
If there is no picture nor the information I might be seeking I skip the ad. If there are tons of misspelled words I pass, if there is no price I pass. When I call I block my number and ask pertinent questions and if they can't be answered or I get the wrong answer, it's thanks, bye.
I bought my Taurus from a craigslisting. 9 phone calls and it was the first car I looked at.
If you look at an ad that doesn't list the year, miles rust etc than the seller doesn't want to disclose those things and one just needs to move on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts