Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Hope you guys are well, I have a problem!!

1. Car will not hold oil even though there in no leakage on ground, having to put quart in every other day.
2. Driving on highway last week, car appears to lose oil pressure then stalled.
3. Managed to start car, now car knocks very loudly, louder when you give it gas, almost like a thrown rod
4. Made it to gas station, made sure car full of oil
5. Car continues to knock and cutoff, barely moves when put in gear.
6. Car has sit for 6 days, oil level still full, still knocks and stalls.

What I need to know is
1. What's the diagnosis and is it good or bad
2. Is there a solution that can be fixed in my driveway?
3. What the problem could be?
4. How to fix problem if it can be repaired

I've had my bull since 2005 I feel that she's a part of me, now I feel like someone who has lost his best friend!!
This problem is new to me and I desperately want to get her back on the road, I'm not ready to part with her yet.
Please help, need options other than junkyard.

Thanks
Kevo02

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
So much seems to be wrong here, and your descriptions of the issues are kind of vague, making it difficult to impossible to diagnose over the web.

If you had a thrown rod, you would either have a seized engine, big hole on the block, or more likely both.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither one, but it does seem to me that the oil pump may have stopped working, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Sounds like failed rod or main bearings which are so bad that you can't build pressure. If oil is not leaking out then you also have bad oil control rings and it is burning up and going out exhaust. If you look at plugs then they should be oily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts