Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the near future Im planning on pretty much building up my Gen3 Taurus rather than buying a new car.. don't mock me :( And my brother-in-law who just finished rebuilding his Chevy Truck's engine offered to help. My Idea is to replace both the engine and transmission with a Gen3 SHO engine and transmission. Currently I have a 3.0L Vulcan. I read the FAQ post and it says no.. but doesn't mention If you were to swap the tranny out as well. Personally I don't see why It wouldn't work, but Id figure Id ask you guys to be sure. And yes, I have the time, the money, and the place to do it. Appreciate the advice :)

-Nate

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe a good hundred thousand.
good at under estimating things are you?:lol2::lol2:

if you have everything you need, then the swap should take a good weekend to get the old engine and transaxle out, and the new one in place. its the little details that will kill your time. however figure about two good weekends of work for the average shade tree mechanic, assuming few issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, definitely the little details should be paid close attention to! I learned this the hard way after volunteering to help a friend with an engine swap in their crx...

Pay close attention to the wiring diagrams. I'm guessing they're going to be a bit different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts