Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Duratec 3.0 worth swapping into a 96? Is there a hp diff and will it be a direct fit?

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Is it worth it? No. :unsure: Is it doable? Yes. :thumb:
For the amount of time and money you'd put into doing that sort of swap, you might as well just buy a G3 Duratec. In my opinion. :)

In the HP department, you're looking at 45 more HP. In fitment, yeah, it'll fit, but you're also going to have to swap:

- Transmission (different final drive ratio, different shift strategy, non-synchronous)
- Engine bay harness
- ECU
- Mounts
- A bunch of other things I'm sure I didn't mention, but someone like Brad (Baby SHO) or Bob could chime in and list if they felt the need to. :p

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
EDIT: Please see http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st=0#entry96120

actually its 55 hp more, but all the same, there are several hreads about this floating around. Please search. If you cant find them, please let me know and ill help!

I did a search for 'engine swap" and leaft all the other fields alone and came up with a few decent results, one discussing the swap, another discussing what engiens will and will not fit, etc.

If you have further questions, please feel free to PM me and ill help you out from there. If you have more informed questions, i may reopen the thread.

Brad :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.