Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked of a forum member last week, and have not seen a reply as of yet (might not be a current member?). And yes, " search" has been used. I want to put a 1997 Vulcan long block into a 2000 model w/ a Vulcan. Any problems to be aware of? I'm aware of having to change the upper plenum/intake, etc, and some sensors, etc. . (Not wanting a repeat of a past experience w/ a Chrysler product---i.e. crank sensors in a different place, and not being able to read signals at the proper time.. Loooong story) . Any tips or suggestions are welcome. Thanks, David.

·
Registered
10 Posts
edselsouth1 i think u were referring 2 me about the engine swap forum... I still have not received a reply yet & so hopefully i get 1 on here. Now my dilemma is that i want 2 swap 91 or 92 3.0 SHO engine with a newer model 2002 SE Vulcan 3.0 Taurus but i was told it might not be possible 2 do & it would cost alot of $ & i also was told that if i did do it i would have 2 change the subframe. Can somebody plz tell me wat i can do & how to do it because i dream of doing this to my car and i dnt want my dreams to be dashed but i want the truth because if i cant do it then i guess ill just have to buy a SHO. I can use all the help i can get so plz help me. Thanks SHO Lover

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Maybe connector problems. But you can remove all your old hardware to keep with the wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts