Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
If you have something to add please PM a moderator the information and it will be added to this thread.

To start here is information on what will fit and answer the many questions. This will be a work in progress so keep checking back!

Please Click Here for information about the diffrent generations and HP/TQ ratings.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What Engines will fit in my car?
A: With enough time and money, anything. But for the average mechanic with little to no custom fabrication, what is listed in the detailed information will fit.

Q: How much will it cost?
A: If you have to ask, then you should not try this. Honestly, the questions depends what you have, what you want, and what deals you can get. 99.8% of the time it would be cheaper and much easier to sell the car you have and buy what you want.

Q: Can I do it myself?
A: Once again, if you have to ask, don't even try it. It takes a minimum of alot of tools and knowledge to do something like this. Plus if this is your daily driver, your going to be walking for a while!

Q: How long will it take?
A: Once again, there are too many variables to know!

Q: Where can i get the parts?
A: Try ebay, ford dealer, www.car-part.com, local junk yards, and other forums.

Q: Has anyone done this before?
A: some of the below listed swaps have been done. Mostly in the Gen 1's and Gen 2's. Very few of the newer cars have ever had swaps done.

Q: Can I put a SHO engine in my SLO?
A: Please see below!

Q: Can i put "x" yamaha in my "y" gen taurus?
A: The diffrences between the 1/2 and 3/4 Generations are significant. The frame, body and engines changed radically. SO without SERIOUS custom modification, Yout cant up a v8 in your gen 1/2 and you cant put a v6 yamaha in your gen 3/4.

Q: I want a 5-speed in my car, HOW?
A: Depends on year. The first 2 generations offered 5-speeds with some engines that can be swapped in. The 3/4 Generations never offered a 5-speed, so at this point it has not been done. I'm currently working on a CUSTOM 5-speed.

Q: I really want a gen 2 SHO engine in my Gen 3/4. Is there any way to do it?
A: SEE THE FIRST QUESTION!!!

Detailed Information:

Gen 1 Swaps (88-91 Taurii, SHO, & Sables)

No Modification:
Vulcan (1986-1995)
Essex (1988-1995)
Yamaha 3.0/3.2(1989-1995)

Moderate Modification:
HSC (1986-1991)

Gen 2 Swaps (92-95 Taurii, SHO, & Sables)

No Modification:
Vulcan (1986-1995)
Essex (1988-1995)
Yamaha 3.0/3.2(1989-1995)

Moderate Modification:

Gen 3 Swaps (96-99 Taurii, SHO, & Sables)

No Modification:
95-99 Vulcan
96-00 Duratec
96-99 Yamaha

Moderate Modification:
00-05 Vulcan
01-05 Duratec

Gen 4 Swaps (00-05 Taurii & Sables)

No Modification:
00-05 Vulcan
00-05 Duratec*

Moderate Modification:
95-99 Vulcan
96-99 Duratec*
96-99 Yamaha

Vulcan interchange between years: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=645443

* NOTE- 00 Duratec's Were a hybrid between the Gen 3's and Gen 4's. Modifications required!

Please don't ask questions about these swaps unless you have read the above and are SERIOUSLY considering doing it. There is very little point. And it clutters the boards.

Brad

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.