Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a somewhat steady skip during idle and it kinda putters when you first step on it like one of the spark plug wires is contacting a ground somewhere. I have new plugs all the way around and they are platinum NGK's that are pregapped. I did get the code for #2 and #5 misfire at one point but it hasnt came back in the last month. I get average 20 to 21 mpg doing mix of city and highway driving. I also get lean codes for banks 1 and 2 sometimes. I have a new PCV valve and DPFE sensor and new hoses almost everywhere. I have a new idle control valve, and also cleaned out my EGR port behind the TB gasket. I am not losing any coolant but my side tank does let air in sometimes due to a bad crimp that i havent had the chance to fix yet.

What do you all think?

1. Seafoam the intake via a vacumm hose?
2. Get injectors looked at?
3. Coil bad?
4. Sparkplug wires?

I am leaning to a bad injector since i had a F150 that sputtered really bad it turned out to be an injector.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you think it's a bad injector you can test that theory by disconnecting them one at a time. If it makes little to no difference when you disconnect a certain injector. That's most likely your culprit. Buy or pocket a few at the salvage yard, because when one goes out sometimes the others are on their way out.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts