Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day while checking out things under the hood (power steering fluid from new rack being installed) I noticed when i had the car started and idling that it would shake (front to back) maybe every 10 seconds, but make no other noticeable noises then a idling Vulcan. The idle (900 or so rpm) doesn't move very much during idle maybe 25rpm if most (you have to stare to notice it) but I haven't noticed it doing it in unison. I replaced the spark plugs, but have yet to replace the wires. Could this be related to old wires? What else is there to look for? Soon I will be doing the o2 sensors (closest to engine) a de-carbon, pcv valve. Anything I should replace at 90,000 miles?

Thanks

Nick Saturday

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Jan 15 2004, 09:48 PM
One day while checking out things under the hood (power steering fluid from new rack being installed) I noticed when i had the car started and idling that it would shake (front to back) maybe every 10 seconds, but make no other noticeable noises then a idling Vulcan. The idle (900 or so rpm) doesn't move very much during idle maybe 25rpm if most (you have to stare to notice it) but I haven't noticed it doing it in unison. I replaced the spark plugs, but have yet to replace the wires. Could this be related to old wires? What else is there to look for? Soon I will be doing the o2 sensors (closest to engine) a de-carbon, pcv valve. Anything I should replace at 90,000 miles?

Thanks

Nick Saturday
What about the engine mounts?

Look at the motor when someone is shifting through the gears. How much does the engine move? - Reinhart

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
your climate control on? my vulcan does that when the ac compressor kicks in about every 10 sec which causes the engine to "shift" and the tach to jump about 200 rpm. If this is not what you are experencing...good luck!

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts