Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 15 years, I think my mounts have done their time. I tried the filling-with-urethane on a spare trans mount, and I broke two caulking guns before displacing 50ml (if that). Rockauto sells solid trans mounts for ~$12, so it's not worth the effort.

I can't find solid mounts for the 'tec, though (same as SHO). PartSource lists a solid mount for it, but can't source one (and lists the price as $0.00) and there's no indication of a solid rear mount. The front mount looks suspiciously similar to the vulcan mount, which is available as a solid, but I can't find any literature that says they're the same or not.

Can the vulcan mount be used on an SHO? If not, why not?

Will replacing 15-year-old mounts with fresh hydraulic ones be noticeable? They aren't completely broken, they're just sloppy.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That's an interesting question. I was told to avoid "ANCHOR" mounts. The Motorcraft mounts cost something like $500 for a full set. Looking at the archives, it seems like NAPA's mounts are a fair game. I looked on their web site. It looks like they have solid and hydraulic mounts. Which one is better?

·
Registered
701 Posts
My only experience with hydraulic vs. solid engine mounts is on my '93 F-150. The hydraulic ones transmit less engine vibration to the frame but the solids hold up better and were a bit cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jato
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing