Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello rockyswrld here Im a newbe maybe you can help me I love the taurus 24 valve engine my 3rd one
I just got another one with a problem.. car runs exlent but after driving for a awhile it will miss give it gas
for alittle bit itll go away ?? The engine lite was on when I got it and when it mississ check engine lite flashes
autozone put a check meter on and said number 5 cyl showed it hand a miss?? I pulled num 5 plug it looked
new/ wires look new ?? havent checked col block O by the way its a 2001 . Iput some gas cleaner in but
acts worse than before ? Do you have a idea where to start to find the problem ?? Its strange only on one
cylinder ?
THANKS Rockyswrld :werd:

·
Registered
79 Posts
nevermind thought it was coil on top of plug
or is it if has individual coils change number 5 to another cylinder to see if it changes codes

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
If you're sure the plug and wire are fine, next thing to do is remove and inspect the coil pack. Look it over carefully, and if you see any cracks, it's junk. If it seems fine, then i'd suspect a faulty fuel injector. You could swap the #5 injector with the #4 or 6, clear the code, and wait for it to come back. When it does, see if the misfire is still on #5, or if it moved to the cylinder you put the #5 injector in. If it moved, you know the injector is failing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts