Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently purchased a 2001 taurus se, when i got the car at the dealer, the check engine light was on, but there was no noticeable problems. ive owned the car for a few weeks, and no problems till last night.

i was on the highway, and got on it a little bit, nearly WOT. after that, it started to jerk a little bit when i got on the side street on the way to my house. i got home asap, and turned it off figuring itd be okay in the morning.

today i started to drive, and it did the jerking thing. next the check engine light started to flash for a little bit, then it stopped and just stayed on. i looked in the manual and it said i was misfiring, but im not sure what could be the cause. no smells, leaks, vibrations, oil has been changed, full of coolant, etc..

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the advice, ill start working on it tomorrow. hopefully its nothing major than a sparkplug, the car has serious highway miles, so im sure its in need of a tuneup... i hope :/

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just remove the Cowl.You'll have enough room to replace the plugs.Replace all 6 plugs not only#2.When I got misfire code on my 2001 Duratec it was the coil.But plugs are cheap and better start with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i had assumed it was a tec until i did some more research and figured out i was wrong. the dead give away was no 24v on the side lol..

anyways, yeah im sure i might as well go ahead and change all the plugs, i just am baffled about why it started to miss. it only did that after i got on it on the highway..

thanks for the help though, i really appreciate it

·
Registered
6 Posts
had the same problem, replacing the spark plugs doesnt help!!!! HOWEVER, seafoaming the crap out of it, has my bull bucking like champ...for now!! AND they sell seafaom at the walmart here!!!! they didnt before..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.