Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night as i was driving, my awesome fuel line decided to disconnect itself and it shot out about 3 gallons of gas, got it fixed and reclamped and everything, THEN my blinkers went out so i got stopped by my fine local PD, they gave me a warning, thankfully, but as i was changing the fuse to the blinkers i heard dripping, figured the fuel line came off again, but upon further inspection i noticed the liquid was OIL! NO idea where it was coming from, couldnt see anything since it was dark and i had no light other than my cell phone, but i had some friends come over, put the hoses on tight and everything, put 3 quarts of oil in it, and babied the car back to my house. My mechanic wants 100$ for full inspection and he charges 70$/hour to do repairs so i was hoping i could fix it myself. Im honestly half way between screwing with it or just slapping a for sale sign on the car and have it be someone elses headache.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
For a full inspection, that isn't terrible. If you can't find the culprit yourself, let them take a look and figure it out. THEN fix it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah only problem is my job is "iffy" at the moment, to say the least so funds are a concern right now. It doesnt make any sense since i checked this morning and there really wasnt anything leaking? there were maybe 5 drops, which i assume were from when i spilled some of the oil i put in it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Well, could be. For now, just keep a good eye on it, and see it if keeps drippig. If so, then go from there. If not, then it was fixed when y'all tightened up them hoses

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well if you lost 3 quarts of oil quick, It should not be hard to figure out where it is coming from. That is alot of oil btw, and I cannot think of many places where this could actually happen. Make sure filter and drain plug are in ok. Are sure this is engine oil btw and not transmission oil?

Tightening hoses is not going to help you, since I don't know of any hose that carries engine oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if you lost 3 quarts of oil quick, It should not be hard to figure out where it is coming from. That is alot of oil btw, and I cannot think of many places where this could actually happen. Make sure filter and drain plug are in ok. Are sure this is engine oil btw and not transmission oil?

Tightening hoses is not going to help you, since I don't know of any hose that carries engine oil.
pretty possitive it was engine oild since i checked the dipstick and it was extremely low, someone told me it might be a cracked block or something, but i drove it a little today and didnt really notice a leak, when it was parked the oil literally ran out in about 2 minutes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts