Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my engine hood due to an accident. My car is 2003 Taurus SES sedan, and I found an available hood in a nearby junkyard, from a 2000 Taurus Wagon.

I'm wondering if the hood from 2000 Taurus Wagon would fit perfectly in my 2003 Taurus Sedan?

Your answer is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
One way that you could find out is to look online for merchants who sell body parts for your taurus and see if a hood from a 2003 is compatible with a 2000. They usually list the vehicles that a certain item will fit. Amazon list a hood that says it fits a 2000-2006 taurus for 159.00.GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One way that you could find out is to look online for merchants who sell body parts for your taurus and see if a hood from a 2003 is compatible with a 2000. They usually list the vehicles that a certain item will fit.
Thanks for your suggestion! It seems that 2000 taurus hood should fit for 2003, but my concern is, would taurus wagon's hood fit for taurus sedan's hood? They seem to have the same size, but I would love to hear confirmation from someone, thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
It seems that the listings of hoods for sale do not specify wether or not that a particular hood is for a sedan or s/w. Given that it appears they would fit ether. It also doesn,t Ford would go to all the trouble of designing a different hood for both does't seem feasible cost wise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
front bumper, hood and front doors are the same for taurus sedans and wagons. Gen4's hood remains the same till the end of production in 2007

·
Super Moderator
8,591 Posts
^^^^^^ +1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts