Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2007 Taurus, my son's car, engine codes P0303 and P0316 came up. This means: misfires on cylinder 3 on first start (from Ford dealer). So I took it to Ford and they replaced plugs (I requested new plugs) and spark wires and gave it a BG induction service(brand name induction system and fuel system chemical flush). The codes came right back. The bill was $540.82 . Feel the burn! I had had a car in the distant past, a 1973 Galaxy that I had bought used from a dealer who couldn't fix it. It would act like it ran out of gas when it got hot, cool off and run fine again. When I replaced the coil it never did it again. The coil on a Taurus is very easy to replace (put dielectric grease on the metal wire connectors on the coil and on the wires and coat the inside of the wire boots-although there may be enough still on the wires-it depends on how much you worry). So I replaced the coil myself with a BWD brand that claims a little more performance and also cost a fair amount less (about $85 total). NO MORE CODES! YES! And so we see that history really does repeat itself.

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
For misfires, check/replace plugs, wires, coil in that order...... then look to injectors, compression and leak-down testing. Po171-174 will usually accompany vacuum leaks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts