Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently bought a 2002 SES with 28k miles it does not have a DOHC after reading around I think I know what the problem is but I can't find out if this part is on both engines ford makes. I have a chirping sound from time to time and every now and then when i'm going 60 and give it some gas the whole car jerks for a second and only around that speed. would this be signs of a bad camshaft synchronizer?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
619 Posts
Cam sync assembly usually last longer than 28k.
DOHC does not have this issue (uses a different sensor).

If you have a mechanic's sthehoscope, or access to one, listen on top of the sensor while it's running. A length of vacuum hose will usually substitute.

Jerking could be a symptom, or that of something else. Check for vacuum leaks, loose wires, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Josh right now I'm guessing in the dark just saw a Utube video of a guy that video taped it and it sounded exactly the same but like I said just a guess. the chirping comes & goes might not not hear it for a week and I might go a week hearing it consistant. the jerking just started but I was just curious if that was also a sign or if it's something new all together

·
Registered
405 Posts
There was a tsb stating that there was a jerk @ about 3000 RPM along with the chirping - I believe there was also a tsb stating some were installed incorrectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts