Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 95 Taurus GL Wagon 3.8L engine. I start my car in the morning and it runs great with no problems, then I run into a problem, i.e: After the car runs for a little while and I make a stop and then start it up again, I have sluggish pickup in that when I press on the accelerator it's spongy and if I back off a little on the pedal it starts to pickup, but not like the pickup that I have when I first start the car in the morning. Too, when it gets into that mode the temperature goes up but doesn't overheat and varies betwee the center & right marks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (zuko @ Jun 2 2010, 03:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808770
Re: 95 Taurus GL Wagon 3.8L engine. I start my car in the morning and it runs great with no problems, then I run into a problem, i.e: After the car runs for a little while and I make a stop and then start it up again, I have sluggish pickup in that when I press on the accelerator it's spongy and if I back off a little on the pedal it starts to pickup, but not like the pickup that I have when I first start the car in the morning. Too, when it gets into that mode the temperature goes up but doesn't overheat and varies betwee the center & right marks.[/b]
This is only a guess. It could be your cat converter is clogged. With no more info given, no way to say.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I would think a clogged cat would affect cold and hot operation. Sounds more like the engine is running lean when hot.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
If you hit the cats with something and hear something rattle, it's clogged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts