Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
So we gonna have a hurricane rain us out? :dunno:
[/b]
Dean is projected to make any sort of landfall next thursday. So, if Houston does get flattened, everyone will be re-building the weekend of labor day. That means we get any park to ourselves! :mj_banana:

If Houston doesnt get hit, then we shall drive any and all park patrons away with a roaring heard of Tauruses.

·
Registered
283 Posts
the roaring heard of taurus'..yea that'll scare anyone

oh yea and if we do this let say dallas area peeps meet and drive it together?...ya kno it'll be a cop filled highway all the way so why not give 'em something to question...huh?..nothing illegal though..just a line of us driving

btw im posting this for the bastards

for those who dont know in this chapter..

www.fordbastards.org-the southern SHO site and we join in too

·
Registered
257 Posts
wow. thats a good idea. all the dallas guys round up and convoy on down. my parents might just let me do that. they're still wondering wheather i can go or not :blink:

but hey, if i can, im game

jus need the details...i gotta be back for school the next day :glare:

:chili:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Well, honestly, and probably most unfortunately, we might not know till that day. The reason I say this is, last year I knew several families that said they were not doing anything simply because it was forecast for rain, it ended up a very beautiful day, and all of a sudden, they dissappeared, LOL. I took my son out riding for a bit and was stuck in traffic out front of BearCreek Park for 2 hours, it was so packed. As you all know, that is the dilema of living in Texas, the weather changes so rapidly that you have a hard time planning things. I'm trying to remember any "covered" pavillion type places we might be able to hit up, but nothing comes to mind. Maybe Mark or Russell know of something in Katy or Sugarland.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Look, I'm alive!

I'm in the "rich" part of town. We have very nice parks here, but crowding I am not sure of... Brazos state park is close

·
Registered
283 Posts
wow. thats a good idea. all the dallas guys round up and convoy on down. my parents might just let me do that. they're still wondering wheather i can go or not :blink:

but hey, if i can, im game

jus need the details...i gotta be back for school the next day :glare:

:chili:
[/b]
thats cool..i'll have to be back at 7am for work on tues so i'll be driving back that nite too..i just dont know a route to there from here or how long it takes to travel....thats right ive lived in TX for 10yrs and have only been to the george bush airport in houston...so i'd prefer the whole convoy of cars going...plus i think the cops would freak out if alot of bulls in a line...actually obeying the laws...well sorta anyways..they mite think we're up to somethin

anyways i'll for sure kno if i can go next week.....got a movie audition wed. and that determines when i move

lataZ

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
id love to come guys but i cant do the weekday thing i work all week and itd need to be on a weekend for me.
[/b]
It's labor day, foo! Get yer vulcan ass down here! :chili:

·
Registered
732 Posts
well shizzle i work saturday the 1st, i need to find out if were closed that day ( i really hope we are!!) and if so ill definatly be making that trip. but hopefully we can do the afternoon thing seing as how ill be driving back to SA and luke ull be driving back to austin that night im assuming as well

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Yeah, if we get folks driving down from far-away places, we could try to do something sunday, as well as the monday bbbq. That should make the drive down for most folks more worthwhile.

·
Registered
283 Posts
thanx rudy..audition went great but im waiting to know if i got it. may not kno til nxt week but i will post when i know. and doin somethin on sunday would be cool too....that way us driving from dallas could have a more worth while trip

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
by all means... try to put something together for Sunday too. I won't be able to make down until Monday. So any of y'all coming down Sunday, we'll give you a good send off with BBBQ in the park before your drive home. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
im gonna try to get a hotel i guess i donno if ne one is coming from out of town besides luke. im gonna try to make the trip up sunday morning.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i may just have to bail on you all......it sux i know and i dont want to but money is tighter than i thought plus i am having to make an emergency run to iowa b/c my grandma passed away this afternoon from alzhiemers :(....so i'd hate to be a party-pooper b/c i will still be depressed..and i dont drink my sorrows away unless its to get over a g/f....so i am sorry for having to do that to y'all but family comes first and i need to earn money so i can get up there in 2 wks...unless y'all wanna switch it to a meet in dallas/fort worth? :p then i could make it....

21 - 40 of 98 Posts
About this Discussion
97 Replies
12 Participants
HoustonBull
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing