Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I'll look around for a dyno, and we can see about times and stuff from there, Sept 3 sounds good, anytime is ok by me, and I eat just about anything, so anywhere is ok too.

MADE IT OFFICIAL, LOL

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Looks like I'm skipping class that day. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Found some info:

WE ALSO HAVE SPECIAL PACKAGES FOR OFFICIAL CAR CLUBS, GIVE US A CALL FOR THE DETAILS.

This option is designed for car clubs and groups of individuals that would like to rent the dyno. Price varies per duration and number of cars. Any number of vehicles can run BUT a MINUMUM of FIVE[5] vehicles are required for any group discount.

Group Dyno Rental Includes:

· Free vehicle hook-up and disconnection

· ___ hours of chassis dyno rental time

· Unlimited chassis dyno acceleration pulls

· Printed, power output graphs

[/b]

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
I found the regular prices too:

BASIC Power Pull Package
BP1 $50.00

The customer gets the essential data to establish the baseline performance of their vehicle before any anticipated modifications are implemented.

· TWO [2], accurate chassis dyno acceleration pulls

· Printed dyno graph

PREMIUM Power Pull PackagePP2 $70.00

The customer is provided with the important data required to baseline the performance of their performance vehicles. Includes HP & Torque figures and graphs.

· THREE [3], accurate chassis dyno acceleration pulls

· Printed dyno graph [/b]

·
Registered
283 Posts
i would love to be there however i must make this public...i am leaving the south chapter for the northern or midwestern..which ever iowa is in...i am leaving in the next few weeks i believe but if im still around then i'll try and make it but i cant promise

·
Registered
283 Posts
well thats part of it...im moving up there b/c my whole family is there and thats where i was born etc....plus my 'rents are moving up there and i am close with my family so im gonna move in with an uncle who has the room(and could use the help around the house) and is close to the U of I b/c i am gonna go back to school part time in spring to get my teaching degree...finally at 23 im going back and feel ready to get a real degree..not just my associates in acting like i have but i will miss the south chapter...it seems we have more fun...maybe thats b/c many are also on the fordbastards page and those are a bunch of SHO guys but dont have probs w/ us reg taurus guys. plus the south chapter seems to be more organized< Thanks Rudy!...i'll take my lovely knowledge of how to keep a chapter together and really make it work and have alot of fun on to where ever i go..plus im still gonna sport my south chapter decals...so the car will still be a southern bull...

sorry about the thread hijack..back to whatever y'all were talkin about

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
plus the south chapter seems to be more organized< Thanks Rudy!...i'll take my lovely knowledge of how to keep a chapter together and really make it work[/b]
Well, I dunno about that, but thank you anyway. You don't have to change chapters, we won't tell nobody bout you bein a damn yankee, LOL J/K!!!! My sister went to school to be a teacher, and has a few different schools under her belt. She just never got along with hardly any of the other teachers, so she hasn't gone back to it. I certainly wish you good luck, you ARE going to need it.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
So, what time did y'all want to do meet things? Would an afternoon/evening meet be better? I could go to my afternoon class (gets out at 2:30) and head to where ever, and just play hookie for my 7pm class. Russell gets out of work ~6:30-7. Perhaps we could hang out during the day, and have a dinner meet and get all the folks together in the evening time, when everybody's off from school and work.

Just brainstorming here. What do y'all think? Also, what sort of daytime activities could we do? There's always surprise modding on the Tauruses (ooh, mod day!!) :D

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Monday Sept 3rd is Labor Day.... :usa: everybody should be free. It's No Labor Day! :chili:

How about a BBQ at the park... i'll bring the stereo :D

It sounds like a truly American thing to do... meet in the park for BBQ on a federal holiday with your Ford Taurus.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Oh ****!! I forgot it was labor day!! I'm SOOOOOO off from school that day, too. WoooHoooo!!!! It's party time fo sho.

I dig this bbq idea. Tauruses, bbq, and loud music. It is the American way.

Alright TCCA Texas! Let's do this!

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey houstonians... think of some parks we can take over.... keep in mind that since it's labor day and all, the parks might have some crowds. Pick a nice one... or one that's less likely to be over run.

All we gotta do is stop by a grocery store, load the fat Taurus trunk with BBQ supplies, BBQ foods, and BBQ beverages aka beer. :D Invite friends and family. Let's share a good time with anyone that wants to have one.

My luck, we'll get rained out :glare:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
If mother nature does decide to be a shrewed ****, and rain out our bbq, there's always the h00ters default. We can have a TCCA H00ters BBBQ.

The extra "B" is for boobies.
(and beer!! :cheers: )

I'll start lookin around for a good park that wont be loaded to the gills with other holiday folks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
hurricane is this weekend.....i think anyway...btw has anyone posted this for the bastards?....we could have a ton of SHO guys there too...nothing like combining the 2 best taurus groups in the world!...and i dont think i'll be gone by then so i mite be able to be there?...and will it be a day thing or all weekend?..if we talkin just that monday then i should be able to go..along with my bump in da trunk!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
About this Discussion
97 Replies
12 Participants
HoustonBull
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing