Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
used to post for alil while. trying to find out some cool ways to fix up my car and repair it. now, after i airbrushed under the hood and detailed everythinng in my car and added a system............ a chevy silverodo blind side me. figures huh.. i did the same thing 3 yrs ago with my caprice and BAM, 5 car pile up lol it was my fault thought. but this time it isn't.
i posted up some pics for yall to see. if you want to see more
go to www.myspace.com/kotiqkustoms
follow me on twitter.com/kotiq_kustoms

p.s. when you see the pictures, from wat you see do you think the insurance company is going to total it out?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
QUOTE (k-otiq @ Apr 5 2009, 10:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715551
used to post for alil while. trying to find out some cool ways to fix up my car and repair it. now, after i airbrushed under the hood and detailed everythinng in my car and added a system............ a chevy silverodo blind side me. figures huh.. i did the same thing 3 yrs ago with my caprice and BAM, 5 car pile up lol it was my fault thought. but this time it isn't.
i posted up some pics for yall to see. if you want to see more
go to www.myspace.com/kotiqkustoms
follow me on twitter.com/kotiq_kustoms

p.s. when you see the pictures, from wat you see do you think the insurance company is going to total it out?[/b]
sorry wrong myspace.!!
its www.myspace.com/kotiqkustomz

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
your myspace is set to private...

from the looks of it if the frame damage isnt too bad i wouldnt think it would be totalled but i have seen less damage be totalled... even if it is it shouldnt take too much to fix it being how common these cars are

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
well getting just the door fixed is going to be about 600 to 700. but depending on the body shop/insurance company it may or may not be totalled

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a lumber company truck hit me. so.. i taking full advantage of their insurance. im going to unprivate myspace...lol i did it cuz my ex haha

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
looks to be mostly cosmetic damage did you drive it after this? if so how did it drive? besides the flat tire

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (sable23 @ Apr 5 2009, 10:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715565
looks to be mostly cosmetic damage did you drive it after this? if so how did it drive? besides the flat tire[/b]
engine wise, it starts up like a champ! lol i drove off the street on the rim secs after the wreck and on the tow truck. (i cant think of the name of the part) but when the hood is open the ..3 bolts that holds the suspension. is bent all to hell. its been bad weather today so i cant tell if anything is leaking.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
sounds like your strut tower is fubar. i am betting it will get totalled with that damage

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Buy it back and fix it. Use part of the check to fix it, and pocket the rest.
Pics of the strut tower?

Did the airbags go off? You answered rudedog's exact same question with No, and then said the airbags did go off. "naw it didnt air bags did pop"

After reviewing the pictures, that looks very fixable. The frame might be a little bent on the driver side but looks fixable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Apr 5 2009, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715576
Buy it back and fix it. Use part of the check to fix it, and pocket the rest.
Pics of the strut tower?

Did the airbags go off? You answered rudedog's exact same question with No, and then said the airbags did go off. "naw it didnt air bags did pop"[/b]
lol sorry. no air bags deployed, my bad.. talkin and typing at the same time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if its totaled i plan to buy it back. and fix it. lol i took my happy ass to pull-a-part and learn how to pull off the front-end. so it is. i got some knowledge and you know imma be on TCCA for more questioning lol

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
its good to hear you plan on fixing it keep us updated on it!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I would replace the driver side inner and outer tierods, and the half shaft, even if they look ok.
Glad to hear your going to keep it no matter what. It's just a matter of picking up some body panels and a little wrenching and it will be back to normal.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Just from experience and doing tons of alignments through the years. If the strut towers are bent or pushed out of whack THAT much, that car will never be "right" again. If you plan on still buying it back because it runs so well, and you want the experience of doing an engine/trans swap, I'd find another body hopefully in as nice of shape, and transplant all your stuff to it. Then again, hindsight being what it is, you might look back halfway through, and think, damn, I should have just taken the money and gotten another car. Either way, don't let any of us spoil your decision, we're all just trying to give the best advice we can. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my uncle was telling me that if its totaled. the cut me check for the cost of the car, to get a new one and buy the car back for the insurance company for lil or nothing. and rebuild it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Can we have a couple of pictures of the strut tower?

I agree with rudedog about the strut towers, but he said just the bolts were f'd. Hard to tell from the pictures on myspace or whatever.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts