Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm going to be moving from ga to ca at the end of may and i'm going to put together a road side emergency kit together. i got 2 16" tool boxes one for each of my cars. i'm wondering what all i should get to put in them. so far heres what i'm going to have i know all wont fit in box.
4 way lug wrench
tow strap
jumper cables
floor jack
jack stands
fuses (both cars)
rtv (both cars)
my craftsman 260 piece tool kit
full size spare tires (4 in uhaul trailer)
flashlight (both cars)
first aid kit (both cars)
rags (both cars)
zip ties (both cars)
tape duct/electrical (both cars)
electrical connector kit
all fluids (both cars)
thats about all i think of at the moment that i have now just feel free to add to the list.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I would suggest, a couple of gallons of drinking water and three pounds of vacuum packed trail mix. <-- Not for snacking, for emergencies. The suggestion is for two people. If you have four people double it, six triple it...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'd say you're over prepared... If the car really has something serious happen to it, you won't be fixing it at the side of the interstate!

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I would think that if you actually need all of that stuff to take your car on a trip you should get a rental.

I keep a 10 and 12 wrench
Channel Locks.
The correct allen wrenches that are required on my Battery terminals.
A pair of gloves,
Road Flares

Mike
B)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you never know what will happen in between savanah ga and bartsow ca and everything that we are going to have is what we have in our cars everything else is going to be in a truck somewere in between. and i'm not saying major repairs i'm just saying if anything little comes up that i could posibly fix in a hotel parking lot till i can get the facility to get it fixed right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts