Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as a few of you know, I've been fighting to get my amp's power wire through the firewall. Well, to give myself some working room under there, I pulled out the lower fuse panel and with it the GEM. However, I left the GEM attached all the time. However also, the battery has been unplugged for about 2-3 hours while I've been fighting my car.

So to test things though, I plug the modules back into the fuse panel and now the car won't start. I've got absolutely nothing. No windows, radio won't turn on, won't start, zero, zilch, nada. AND ON TOP OF THAT, I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE DAMN WIRE THROUGH THE FIREWALL (for the love of god, please send me a picture, I've been pretzelled under there for too long).

Help me guys, how do I get my GEM and PCM reactivated. I want to cry and explode, all at the sametime :ss:

-mobiuslogic

EDIT: there are 3 connectors to the fuse panel, and three to the GEM. I left the three to the GEM attached (but obviously they hit the fuse panel first, GRRRR)

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
must be a bad connection or blown fuse in the fuse pannel. Some of that stuff does not go through the gem, such as power wndows, if the gem were dead, yous have no one-touch-down, but otherwise the windows would work. Could also be you disloged one of the relays such as the acc delay relay. Id reccomend reseating all relays and connections.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I'll be the smarta** and ask, did you reconnect the battery. I didn't notice you saying that in the write up...

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
For my amp wire I used an exisiting hole in the firewall. If you stand on the drives side of the car, lean over the fender, look behind the master cylinder, there was about a 3/4" hole there. On the inside it comes in just to the left of the brake pedal. I ran my fog light and amp line through that hole.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There is a 40A fuse in the engine compartment fuse box that powers the inside IP fuse panel and GEM.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I grabbed the manual and pulled every fuse and they're all good, even the Maxi's in the engine compartment and they're all good.

Does anyone have a picture of this elusive hole through the firewall. Maybe I don't have that hole because I have adjustable pedals or is it behind that cardboard sound deadener and it's covering up the hole and I'm a dumbass because I can't see through the cardboard?

Everything about this has been easy, but this damn power wire has made up for all of it. :ss: It's 9:15 PST, lets see how long I'm under there before I shoot myself again today. :wacko:

-mobiuslogic

EDIT: sorry if I sound mad, I'm just extremely frustrated.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. It turns out that the 3 primary connectors into the fuse panel not only have to be plugged in, but fully bolted down. There's a bolt through their center to secure them and apparently the connections aren't made till you completely bolt them in, not just plug them in as I thought. But! Thank god my GEM isn't erased, and everything seems to be running just fine and it starts up like it's ready to go to Pamplona. There is a god. :notworthy:

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
After all that did you get your amp wire run, or should I just shut my cakehole?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH YES! and on top of that I did get the power wire through the firewall finally. Check out the Electronics/Audio/Visual section for how that story turned out. Oh dear....

-mobiuslogic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts