Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is going back and forth with an ex girl of mine apparently. Is there any way to back track to an IP address from an email address? I want to know where these things are being sent from. I know where she is and I can make it stop fast if I get the correct info.

This started soon after we found out she was pregnant and I really don't need this right now. It's a gmail account if it makes any difference. I am definitely not tech savvy. I'd rather not make it searchable so if you can help let me know and I'll pm the address. If there is no way then I'll search other means.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I bought an SHO for some other reason other then I was crazy.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I'm assuming Hamal helped you out? Just FYI, grabbing an IP isn't really difficult as every email in its header has the IP address embedded in it to show you where it came from. A simple Google search will bring up plenty of IP trace services for free.

The only downside is that an IP address can sometimes be inaccurate of a given person's location. Whereas a landline telephone number can be pinpointed to a specific location, an IP address can sometimes be that of the local server, thus being miles off from the original location.

If you just wanted to stop getting emails from your ex, you could set up a bounce on your email account for her address. Thus anytime she sent you or your current girlfriend an email, it would be returned undelivered, which usually makes people think they have the wrong email or you closed your account

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hamal has an original text and should probably understand why it goes beyond just bouncing it back. She is also using an alternative email I'm told. The first few messages came from a dif email, but the girlfriend deleted them. If anything that was said were true I wouldn't be worried about any of it.

A few miles is fine. It shouldn't be coming from her home anyway.

I never got into tracing anything. I'm no expert so I thought I'd reach out.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
257 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Riso
I bet Jill is glad to hear you don't date crazy girls anymore ! :p

And by the way, it's not just women who turn into crazy exes. Guys can be rather unpleasant as well. And don't ask me how I know...</span>

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
QUOTE (REDTRUCKCHASER @ Jan 16 2010, 06:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779597
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Riso
I bet Jill is glad to hear you don't date crazy girls anymore ! :p

And by the way, it's not just women who turn into crazy exes. Guys can be rather unpleasant as well. And don't ask me how I know...</span>[/b]
oh wihtout a doubt red. i just marry the crazy one's. :lol2:

hamal you got a whole lot of crazy there.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts