Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 ford Taurus ses 3.0 non flex non pushrod

What happened!

After the radio was stplen now speedometer, power Windows, locks, dome light, blinkers, hazards, and windshield wipers don't work. And the hi beam light is constantly on, and it's backward. (If you actually turn the brights on the light turns off, yes the lights work properly)

Adjustable pedals, ac, brake lights, dash lights, adjustable seat all work. Don't have a new radio to put in, but there is power going to the constant memory and power for the radio.

These all worked prior to break in. Can NOT figure out the issue. Only found one other topic on it, but it doesn't specify a confirmed fix. Please help.

No blown fuses.

https://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117-electronics-security-audio-visual/156212-no-power-speedometer-power-windows-wipers-locks.html#/topics/156212

·
Registered
716 Posts
From my reading on the other thread, it sounds like you are going to need to replace the radio, or/and, replace the ignition switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response, however I don't believe the ignition switch is the issue. Pulled it out and none of the connections were remotely burnt. Also, I shouldn't have to replace the radio. I could be wring, but I don't see how 2 power wires and a ground wire (with 4 sets of speaker wires) could affect all of those systems
It seemed like he said not the switch, but the harness melted. But I can't find an issue with it

·
Registered
233 Posts
"the harness melted"!

Uh, you got problems that have nothing to do with the radio. Get a JY radio and start from there.

The radio has the climate control in the console and it talks back and forth with the instrument cluster, among other things.

·
Registered
716 Posts
There is a databus system in most if not all cars these days. Different manufactures call it different things. Think of it like the old token ring network systems. If one token is unplugged, and not capped, the whole system freaks out, and stops working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are so right.... now that I think about it, they broke the plastic surrounding the radio, so I'll start with the radio and report back

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is a databus system in most if not all cars these days.
How could they have done something so horrible to us. Imagine if they made the space shuttle like that. Houston: "I'm sorry to inform you guys but the whole data bus goes down if your reading light goes out."

·
Registered
716 Posts
How could they have done something so horrible to us. Imagine if they made the space shuttle like that. Houston: "I'm sorry to inform you guys but the whole data bus goes down if your reading light goes out."
It was the manufactures way of making you get a factory radio, and not being able to upgrade it later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts