Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 dohc that was sitting in the backyard for a year..... Got a new battery, fluids changed, new tires.... everything is like the good ol days except for my hvac controls (etac by the way) keeps switching itself to the front vents no matter if I have it going to the floor or defrost etc... after a minute or two it'll switch.... Any ideas?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 1996 dohc that was sitting in the backyard for a year..... Got a new battery, fluids changed, new tires.... everything is like the good ol days except for my hvac controls (etac by the way) keeps switching itself to the front vents no matter if I have it going to the floor or defrost etc... after a minute or two it'll switch.... Any ideas? [/b]
Could you have mildew or water in general that is causing a short in the ETAC by chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotemain'> I have a 1996 dohc that was sitting in the backyard for a year..... Got a new battery, fluids changed, new tires.... everything is like the good ol days except for my hvac controls (etac by the way) keeps switching itself to the front vents no matter if I have it going to the floor or defrost etc... after a minute or two it'll switch.... Any ideas? [/b]
Could you have mildew or water in general that is causing a short in the ETAC by chance?
[/b][/quote]
Unlikely.... the car was garaged...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts