Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 taurus se and have always wondered something about the electronic climate control. I always just leave it on auto. However, one day i was curious if i hit the max a/c button would the car cool down faster. So i did but i didn't hear any difference in the fan noise. On my other taurus that i had (and any other car i've used max a/c) when max is turned on, there's more noise from the intake fan turning on. Does auto automatically use max a/c or what? Also, it seems that my outside temperature sensor is now off by 5 degrees or so. I know it's on the dash up by the windshield. Is it possible that it's just got dirt or some armor all on it and that's messing up the reading?

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks :) that makes sense. that crazy electronic climate control. it's so smart. it's made me really lazy though. i'll get into another car and drive for a few minutes then think "Man, why is it so hot in here. it's just not getting any cooler....oh wait. i actually have to turn the a/c on in this car manually. duh!" :)

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by sfblacksel@Jul 11 2004, 08:56 PM
The air temperatur sensor should be around the climate controls just like on the Gen 4's. On top of the dash is the light sensor, but I could be wrong on the Gen 3's though.
I don't know where i got that info from, but if it's an external temperature sensor, doesn't it need to be able to see outside. I know it would be an infrared sensor and not just on the outside of the car. Yeah, there is a temp sensor on the control unit itself to tell what the temp inside the car is, but there should also be another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.