Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 93 Taurus LX with Electronic Climate Control and all the buttons are broken. Do I have to buy a new unit or can I just replace the buttons? I'm just going to leave it on AUTO so I dont break anything else. :) Any advice?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
New head.

My SHO has broken buttons also. And this is after I replaced the head once. <_<

The 94-95 control heads don't crack like the 1990 - 1993 ones do. eBay is also a good place to start looking for one. :thumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do the 94-95 head units have the same color green display as gen 1 tauruses?

·
Registered
88 Posts
not too too bad. Im debating wether to just swap the hard buttons into the gen 1 EATC or just use the gen 2 EATC alltogether. Since i have the digital cluster i have WAY TOO MUCH green in teh dash....hehe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Back when my SHO was new, I noticed that the bigger buttons flexed in the middle like the plastic was too weak or something. I remember thinking back then that I should only press them by the edges. 15 years later, I think I'm the only person in the world with intact buttons on my climate control! Problem is, the climate control doesn't work like it should. The AC crapped out years ago and I don't want to spend 800 bucks to fix it or have it converted to non-Freon coolant. The other major problem is that the linkage between the blend door and the actuator motor is busted, and I don't want to disassemble the dash to fix it. So, now I have two settings: off, or full heat. In the winter I use the window to control temperature, and in the summer, I just turn it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts