Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a 97 (G3) with the Mach stereo and electronic A/C controls. The Mach system just doesn't cut it. The electronic A/C stuff is OK, but annoying at first start up, and Ford did not do a very good job of laying out the switches for either of these units. (Have to take my eyes off the road to adjust.)

So I'm already to drop in a new stereo, and am willing to goto the "manual" (rotary) A/C controls. But now I read that this is not an option?

So I'm looking for some good wiring schematics and the such for this generation of Taurus. I'm most interested in comparing the electronic and manual A/C controls. As far as I can tell, the Ford A/C controls are all vacuum except for the fan, a/c and electric elements of the defrosters.

Seems like I can hook up the DIN conversion plate with rotary controls. Just need to figure out the A/C connections.

Any help would be great.

-Wayne

·
Registered
176 Posts
IF anybody knows a place called "stans car stereo". They have a wiring harness to bypass our climate controls. However it is very expensive. They quoting me at around 150 bucks just for the part not installation. So if you want to go that way by all means just call them. But they did say that it was possible. And Speedy was very happy.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Originally posted by Speedy@Jan 10 2004, 05:23 PM
IF anybody knows a place called "stans car stereo". They have a wiring harness to bypass our climate controls. However it is very expensive. They quoting me at around 150 bucks just for the part not installation. So if you want to go that way by all means just call them. But they did say that it was possible. And Speedy was very happy.
Does this include the plate and everything?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts