Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Fords and Mercurys known for electrical problems? So far I've had my Sable for less than 6 months. First my cd changer quit, then my stereo quit. neither turn on anymore. I unhooked the stereo in the front so I don't cause any more damage. Apparently I caused more damage by doing that. Every time I drive on bumpy roads, the speakers crackle and pop. Since then, I've lost all air control. I had to take out the fuse for the electronic climate control because it was set to high, and blowing out cold air.
Okay, so my cd changer has been giving me problems ever since i've had the car. And just recently i got it to work, but now the magazine is jammed, and it won't play, nor will it eject my cds. And i don't even care about fixing the changer, i just want my cds out.  is there anyway that i can get my magazine out, since it won't eject itself? Thanks for your time [/b]
And to whoever is having problems with their cd changer, its probably because there is a cd that the changer tried to put back in the wrong slot. MY changer is out of commission because it has been bending my cds. I actually had to cut one of them out. Open your changer and look- I'm almost positive there is a cd in the way.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wait dont you have that Climate control wired together with the radio? So if you unhooked the radio you disabled the climate control? The poping of the speakers on bumps might be the connector bouncing around and touching something that has live voltage so it makes a pop sound on speakers. Oh and I dont think Mercuries and Fords have any more electrical problems then any other car make. You should see my fathers Dodge Caravan light keep dimming as rpms change and its less then 5 years old with less then 70k on it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should see my fathers Dodge Caravan light keep dimming as rpms change and its less then 5 years old with less then 70k on it.[/b]
My mom has a 96 Dodge Caravan. It looks really nice still, but it does some strange things when its not even on. I pushed the lock button on the remote once and the wipers went once or twice. It was hilarious! Theres something wrong with the wipers in general because it has what my family calls "the phantom wipers." They randomly turn on and sometimes its necessary to pull over and turn off the car to make them stop. The best, and most humiliating, thing that happened to my mom was when she was in the McDonald's drive through and the horn started constantly blaring and would not stop. She had to drive all the way home like that. I had to unhook the battery to make it stop!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll need an old priest and a new priest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts