Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Apply a penetrating lube to the latches like fluid film or something of the sort to work into the door latch. The switch inside the latch is known for sticking over time.

The lights in the drivers door controls may be a wire broken in the harness that runs between the body of the car to the door. Wires there break and corrode there over times from wear and tear from the door being opened and closed. The link is just to show the wiring I found inside when my windows quit working.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117-electronics-security-audio-visual/133900-windows-now-fixed.html

Here's a link to change the normal bulbs LED's
LED Gauge Cluster Gen III - Taurus Car Club Maintenance and Modification Wiki

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the same issue when I got my car. I sprayed some PB blaster on the door latches and that took care of the door ajar light. Now I was told I was lucky that the PB Blaster didn't harm anything else, but it worked for me.

The Gauge Cluster replacement was well worth it in my opinion. I wanted to make my car more appealing to me to drive and it did the trick. I tried to take a good picture, but every one came out blurry.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue when I got my car. I sprayed some PB blaster on the door latches and that took care of the door ajar light. Now I was told I was lucky that the PB Blaster didn't harm anything else, but it worked for me.

The Gauge Cluster replacement was well worth it in my opinion. I wanted to make my car more appealing to me to drive and it did the trick. I tried to take a good picture, but every one came out blurry.
is there a thread on here for: how to remoVe the gauge cluster?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apply a penetrating lube to the latches like fluid film or something of the sort to work into the door latch. The switch inside the latch is known for sticking over time.

The lights in the drivers door controls may be a wire broken in the harness that runs between the body of the car to the door. Wires there break and corrode there over times from wear and tear from the door being opened and closed. The link is just to show the wiring I found inside when my windows quit working.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117-electronics-security-audio-visual/133900-windows-now-fixed.html

is there any specific brand i should use for the door latch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

why aren't my gauges blue? i took the whole instrument panel off, and i see that all the measurements are colored blue, but when i turn them on it comes out blue/green, similar to the color of dodge/jeep/crystler?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts