Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Ever since I had my transmission rebuilt, sometimes I have to push the column shift lever a bit harder toward park to get it to start. This hasn't bothered me and is kind of a nifty anti-theft feature.:lol2:

However, today I went to start up my '95 Taurus LX and the driver door lock solenoid just kept growling after it started. I went to hit the lock/unlock button (to see if I could get it out of its funk) and then all of the other doors started acting up. I turned off the engine, but couldn't get it to stop until I disconnected the battery. I tried it again after about a minute and the same thing happened.

I recently disconnected and reconnected the Transmission Range Sensor to trace a wiring problem, but I have driven it several times since with no issues. I will attack it with my service manuals, but this doesn't seem like a normal problem. Any thoughts on what could be causing this unusual behavior?

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I don't know if just adjusting it would fix funky locks. Could it be the door lock control processor?

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
Weird stuff like that often ends up being a bad ground. Check ground(s) and connector for the "lock module".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts