Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the alternator is putting off some electrical noise and I tried to clean it, I tried wiping oil on it and I even tried using oil in it which did quiet it(away from the brushes like a motorcycle charging system) down some but it comes back and doesn't really seem to be a curable symptom because other people's cars have the same problem even if they're new. (Probably a fungus in Detroit or the carwash soap scum near the dealership). Anyway this is some pictures depicting the issue. The passenger feels uncomfortable about this also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing I ran into is the starter had a loose connection on one of the nuts that holds onto the solenoid wire was loose. which could explain the hole in the radio, the non functional power door locks, the daytime running lights issues and etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the most reasonable option at this point after having a a loose wire on the starter considering all problems on the systems around the starter on the fusebox is to disconnect the power seats at the wire connector under the seat.. Which draw about 15 amps. The starter about 150.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You talked about electrical noise before, but what has a lifter to do with that?

I must say your car looks like a Hurricane Sandy victim, but you did not yet clearly say what the problem is.

It is obviously a Vulcan engine, but what year is it?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
You talked about electrical noise before, but what has a lifter to do with that?

I must say your car looks like a Hurricane Sandy victim, but you did not yet clearly say what the problem is.

It is obviously a Vulcan engine, but what year is it?
My guess it is either a translation issue or someone taking pics at a scrap yard and posting them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, went off topic trying to avoid electrical discharge. The alternator arched the starter. The head is also warped and truthfully I don't want to fix it but the fact is I need a car and the midsize is comfortable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to see if there's a fungus problem in Detroit. I know the metal recycling has a mushroom growing in there. It seems like it's fluff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts