Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so here's the issue I'm having. I notice when my nephew was backing my car out of the driveway tonight that the driver's side tail light was out, so we went over to Autozone for new bulbs. Got home replaced them, checked to make sure all lights were functioning before re-assembling. This is where the problems started...

While re-assembling, the ground wire on the tail light harness got pinched and shorted. I checked the fuses and the 15A fuse for the brake lamps was blown. I temporarily repaired the wire and replaced the fuse, so I at least have working brake lights. What isn't working are the Instrument Lights (all the dummy lights are working just not the illumination) the Parking lights aren't working, but the hazards and turn signals are working. I assume the Instrument Illumination is linked to the Parking Lights since that's when they come on when turning the switch. What I can't figure out is what the cause of this problem is? Please someone help!!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
346 Posts
check all these fuses. your culprit should be one of them

<div class='codetop'>CODE<div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>under-dash fuse panel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
fuse 2 5amp instrument illumination (checked)
fuse 3 10amp left low beam headlamp (check for safety / to rule out)
fuse 4 10amp right low beam headlamp (check for safety / to rule out)
fuse 11 5amp instrument cluster (check)
fuse 12 5amp instrument cluster,
autolamps, transmission
control switch, ICP,
GEM (check)
fuse 15 10amp multifunction switch
turn signal (check for safety)
fuse 18 5amp headlamp switch (check)

engine power distribution box
----------------------------------------------------------
fuse 28 15amp speed control, stop lamp
fuse 29 15amp multifunction switch, hazard
fuse 30 15amp high beams, DRL, instrument cluste

5amp == tan
10amp == red
15amp == light blue

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I picked up a harness and a new light switch from the junk yard after work today, installed the harness and the brakes lights are working fine. The parking lights still weren't working, while removing the headlight switch it fell apart, plugged in the other switch and the parking lights still didn't work. Checked several fuses, and found that the #20 Fuse in the engine compartment was blown, changed it and problem solved!

Now onto other issues....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts