Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the electrical equipment in my '93 Sable GS doesn't work -- radio, three windows, dome light, a/c... The image below might show a reason why. Does anyone know what the circled cables/wires are for and what they should be connected to? Please let me know if so.

·
Registered
151 Posts
each other? I would go to the bone yard and look at another Merc or Taurus of the same year ti get an idea..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Can you get us a bigger picture? I can't zoom that one in much. I have some ideas on what it might be. I will post a followup post in afew.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what those wires go to. I was thinking the GEM module.
if your power windows and dome lights / courtesy lights arent working then I believe the GEM controls those.
the reason i'm not 100% confident in my answer though is because it is a 1993. I have a 1997 G3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (ragjungle @ May 15 2009, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725460
each other? I would go to the bone yard and look at another Merc or Taurus of the same year ti get an idea..[/b]
I thought they might connect to each other but I couldn't get them to. Maybe there's something missing to go between them. Bone yard's a good idea.

QUOTE (outatyme @ May 15 2009, 10:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725468
I'm not 100% sure what those wires go to. I was thinking the GEM module.
if your power windows and dome lights / courtesy lights arent working then I believe the GEM controls those.
the reason i'm not 100% confident in my answer though is because it is a 1993. I have a 1997 G3[/b]
Ok, thanks for replying. Another thought that I had was that they might be for diagnostic testing. Here's a zoomed in version of the pic:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts