Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a cherry bomb muffler for my 99 vulcan. Before i go cutting the stock muffler, can anybody here tell me how it sounds. because i don't want to cut everything off put the cherry on and have my car sounding like a fart can.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Take the cherry bomb back and install a turbo style muffler.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Stock is 2". It's a 99.

Any brand that's decent...try to get something that will last. Basically if it costs $25 it won't last too long. A muffler shop should be able to hook you up with something decent.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by Twilight@Jan 7 2004, 09:06 PM
Stock is 2". It's a 99.

Any brand that's decent...try to get something that will last. Basically if it costs $25 it won't last too long. A muffler shop should be able to hook you up with something decent.
i have to disagree with that statement.

I havent done muffler work on either one of my tauri but
I have ran Walker tubos in the past with great longevity. They only cost about twenty bucks at the muffler shop. I have seen them in stores for about $17.00

I agree with the consensus about the cherry bomb. they used to be fiberglass internals and burnout completely after a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I bought some cheap Holley Flowtech mufflers for $30 each and they rusted out. So now I have straight pipes.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Info from the V8SHO list:

Summit Turbos are the cheapest of all ($14.95) and they have lasted over a year and a half on at least one V8SHO. Tests show that they perform as well as most of the premium performance mufflers.

Rhino Turbos are pretty cheap too, and they lasted over a year on one V8SHO, although they did pretty much fall apart eventually (I'm thinking it was 2 years though)

Flowmaster isn't king of all. They are good mufflers, but tests have proven that they aren't the best in sound or in performance. Magnaflows are quite good (better than Flowmasters.) I have NEVER heard anything but the utmost in praise for Bullets (those will be my next muffs, for sure.) Borlas are pretty darn good too, but the best Borlas are pretty pricey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts